We spent almost every day last week doing ultrasounds to watch my follicles. We were planning on doing an HCG trigger when the dominant follicle got to 2.0 cm but this never happened. Here are the results of the u/s, to the best of my memory. I'm feeling pretty down about this. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas-you know I'll always take them!
Keep in mind that my doctor hasn't seen any of my images yet, only the u/s girl saw them. He was on a beach in Florida and called everyday for an update. God bless him.
CD 12: Left ovary has three "somethings". My u/s girl and doctor think they're cysts. One is measuring at 1.6, one at 2.0, and one at 2.5 (ish). There's a follicle on the right measuring .8.
CD 14: All three "somethings" on the left have grown to 1.7, 2.5, and 3.5. I have some pretty heavy ovulation pain this evening that lasts for 5-6 hours. It's not much different than every other month, just way stronger. The follicle on the right only grew to .9.
CD 15: All three "somethings" are completely gone. They ruptured on their own! With no HCG. My u/s girl suspects that maybe they were follicles all along and not really cysts and that I actually produced three eggs. I don't believe her, until she calls me and tells me that the doctor thought the same thing. Then I talk to Ann (the Nest Builder) and she has the exact same reaction. I get super excited, hope that at least one of them will find their way through my tube, and tell God that I'd even take triplets! There is another little "something" on the left that looks like a follicle that either sprang up over night or was hidden before. It measures at 1.0. The follicle on the right is shrinking and we stop watching it.
CD 16: The 1.0 follicle on the left is shrinking, so it definitely wasn't the dominant one. I also have a brand new cyst on the left (definitely a cyst because it was filled with debris) that went from non-existent to 3.5 over night. Nothing else has changed. My doctor tells the u/s girl to tell me that he thinks I need to up my dosage of Clomid to 75mg since I'm still not producing a 2.0 follicle. WHAT IN THE WORLD? I thought yesterday I had three follicles! Now I have two cysts and an under-developed follicle. I have no idea what changed his mind. He's going to look at my charts and P+7 b/w when he gets back. He says we might have to check on the cyst before I do any more Clomid. grrrrr.
CD 17: Peak Day.
So I'm really at a loss. What started out as bad news, turned into great news, and then back into bad news. I have very little hope for this cycle and wonder if I'll ever be able to actually produce a stinking follicle.
Side note: during the one day span that I thought I had produced three follicles, I actually said the words "I don't want to get my hopes up" Hello?? Have I even read my own blog? Some lessons are harder to learn than others I guess.
Showing posts with label Clomid. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Clomid. Show all posts
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
A Question for Fellow IFers
Alright ladies, I've got a question about mucus. A quick history:
I don't want to wait until something looks bad before doing something about it. I'd rather pull out all the stops now and hope for the best. What may seem like overkill to some, seems perfectly logical when you take into account the amount pain that only ONE MONTH of infertility creates. Every month that goes by I feel like we are getting further and further from our dream. Why are we waiting to do more??
I know many of you have taken things to get that MCS up in the fantastic range. Isn't there more than just B6. I haven't had much luck with vitamins in the past (tried Vitamin C for all-the-time mucus with no success). I've heard about Mucinex and Fertile CM but don't know many details. I'm asking for your advice-I trust ya'll so much!
Also, has anyone experienced the same kind of "wait and see" approach? I just want to do everything we can-not hold out to see if it's necessary! What did you do? How did you decide what to do and what to wait on? How did you get your doctor on board? Emails are appreciated-my email address is under my picture in my profile.
Thanks!
- I've been on Clomid for three months (25mg) with average mucus cycle scores (MCS). 10.7 the first month, 13.7 the second.
- Before Clomid my MCS were amazing! Never below a 14 and even some perfect 16s in there!
- I actually have an over abundance of mucus at all times in my cycle. Yellow stamps are my best friend. My Dr. can't figure out the cause.
- This past month was a lousy 8.7. I had 4AD the day before Peak Day. (I can't count on one hand the number of times I've seen this in the past YEAR.)
I don't want to wait until something looks bad before doing something about it. I'd rather pull out all the stops now and hope for the best. What may seem like overkill to some, seems perfectly logical when you take into account the amount pain that only ONE MONTH of infertility creates. Every month that goes by I feel like we are getting further and further from our dream. Why are we waiting to do more??
I know many of you have taken things to get that MCS up in the fantastic range. Isn't there more than just B6. I haven't had much luck with vitamins in the past (tried Vitamin C for all-the-time mucus with no success). I've heard about Mucinex and Fertile CM but don't know many details. I'm asking for your advice-I trust ya'll so much!
Also, has anyone experienced the same kind of "wait and see" approach? I just want to do everything we can-not hold out to see if it's necessary! What did you do? How did you decide what to do and what to wait on? How did you get your doctor on board? Emails are appreciated-my email address is under my picture in my profile.
Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)