Pouting and whining for our attention and smiling so big when we give it to her.
Playing with her feet!
Sitting in her bumbo seat with me in the bathroom and watching me get ready in the mornings.
The adult-like way she rubs her eyes.
Her fascination with our electric toothbrush.
The way she splashes in the tub.
All those cute little throaty sounds that just loves to make.
Laughing.
Giggling and smiling at herself in the mirror.
Putting her hands all over my face when I lean in to kiss her.
Nursing, popping off just to look up at me and smile, and nursing again.
A new set of clothes-goodbye three month stuff!
Showing definite preferences for particular toys. Her favorites are her blue elephant and her lion mirror.
Strong legs that like to pretend they can stand.
The way she worked for weeks to roll over (back to front), finally rolled twice in a row, but then refused to do it again after she figured out she would end up on her tummy. She hasn't attempted it since.
Two little curly-q's by her temples.
Being able to enjoy the swimming pool.
Her sweet little lips that always look like she's wearing lipstick.
The mega rolls on her chunky legs.
The way she grabs those rolls when I'm changing her diaper.
Quieting down instantly when someone else puts her in my arms when she's crying.
90th percentile in weight but only 50th in height :)
The way she looks at her daddy.
That very first good morning smile.
And things I'm not so crazy about......
Waking up every hour all. night. long.
Refusing her once beloved pacifier.
Bibs.
And her refusal to smile for the camera :)
Wow-that's it. I can honestly only think of three. Man she's awesome.
Hope the frequent wakings are due to a growth spurt or tooth and the longer sleep periods return. Love the photo series!
ReplyDeleteI love your list and the photos! I agree that this is such a fun age! That very first morning smile really is the best, too, isn't it? It just melts me and makes me not care about all those night wakings that were driving me crazy just an hour before :)
ReplyDeleteGosh Kaitlin, she is SO precious! I love all of her milestones. They remind me so much of little Dominic just a few months ago. It's amazing how quickly they change. I hope you start to get more sleep soon :( Praying it's on its way!
ReplyDeleteOh man - when they nurse, and then pop off just to smile at you - isn't it the most heart-melting thing ever?
ReplyDeleteAlso, about bibs. If you mean little cloth bibs to catch drool than I agree, they are just annoying! But when you start solids, I HIGHLY recommend this: http://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus-Bibbity-Rinse-Roll-Yellow/dp/B000CC1F8M
We just own one, and it's the ONLY bib we ever use. Catches everything, and cleans up like a dream :-)
When Kate was little I had the hardest time watching her grow up because I was so afraid I would miss every little sweet thing she did and I wanted to keep her a little baby FOREVER! I am glad you are able to enjoy the changes! I had so much more fun when I was able to watch her grow and change and just take in the moments in instead of worrying I would miss a stage! It just gets better and better so have fun taking it all in! =) Hannah is as beautiful as she can be!!!
ReplyDeleteMan, she looks so big right now! Adorable!
ReplyDeleteShe is just so darn cute!
ReplyDeleteI love those first morning smiles too! It's my favorite part of the day. :)
I am not enjoying bibs either. I just don't like them. They cover up her cute outfits and get all twisted. :(
So sweet! Good bye newborn! Hello baby days!!
ReplyDeleteI *love* the way babies play with their feet! And she may not smile for the camera, but she's sure got plenty of adorable expressions!
ReplyDelete4 months is FUN!
ReplyDeleteIt may seem bad now, but take it from a mommy who had to break a 2.5 year old - her refusing a paci at 4 months isn't the worse thing in the world. :-)
ReplyDeletecute, CUTE, CUTE!....love the owl outfit too!
ReplyDeleteI love 4 months, too. She is so sweet! I want to sniff those cheeks. I hope the night wakings get better soon. :)
ReplyDeleteadorable as always and I love the 4 month owl onesie - too cute!
ReplyDelete