Friday, September 30, 2011

Quick Takes (31) with Prayer Buddy Reveal

-1-
This is the greatest video on youtube. And I promise Hannah is actually requesting to watch it. It's not her mother that sits attentively and chuckles through the entire thing. Promise.


-2-
This is the second greatest video.


-3-
This week Hannah started walking forward in her walker and pulling up on furniture! She's not even eight months old yet! She is no where near close to crawling. I suspect she might walk before she crawls. Just like her mama. I fear this means she'll be uncoordinated and not athletic. Just like her mama.

She can also entertain herself for sometimes 10-15 minutes at a time by taking all the toys of her basket and nibbling each one before throwing it aside. Oh I love her.


-4-
A friend sent me a recipe for almond butter pumpkin bars (thanks Erin!). Dairy free, wheat free, and sugar free. I used peanut butter because I'm cheap. Uh-mazing. I want to cut them into bite sized pieces, put them in ziplock bags, and carry them in my purse. Then when I tell people I can't have dairy or wheat and get a look that says, "oh you poor thing" I can give them a sample of this deliciousness and assure them that I'm just fine.


-5-
Of course I'm gonna share the recipe! Don't worry-I wouldn't hold out of you.

 c Pumpkin
1 c Almond Butter
2 eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1⁄4 c honey
1 c Chocolate Chips

Mix together the almond butter and pumpkin until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and pour into a greased 8x8 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. The middle should be set when they are done. Cool completely.

-6-
We wore jackets on our walk tonight! Fall weather is just around the corner....

-7-
I had the honor of praying for Jenny of All Things this time for prayer buddies! I've followed Jenny from the beginning and love her upbeat attitude and fun personality. Jenny, I've prayed for you throughout the day whenever you popped into my head. Ted and I prayed for your intentions in our nightly prayers. And I'm super excited about the incredibly awesome gift I have for you. Of course it's not in the mail yet. That would be too punctual for my taste.  Look for it soon!

Have a great weekend! Go Cardinals!

12 comments:

  1. Ahh! What a little love, she will be an early walker! Look out mama!
    I can't believe your Cards were able to sneak in!! We are huge baseball fans over here and really looking forward to the weekend. But, of course, Go Brew Crew :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I LOVE Veggie Tales! LOVE IT! Mary-Grace loves it too. ;) our favorite silly song is an old one, the "Lips" song. We also like "hairbrush" and "Everybody has a Waterbuffalo." Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little confused how the veggies drive without little veggie arms. Hmmmm....

    Thanks for all the prayers!!! They were/are so greatly appreciated!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta try that recipe, thanks for sharing it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just loving seeing your Hannah pictures :) I can't wait to listen to those veggie tales songs (when a certain someone isn't being put to bed)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bars look delicious! Here's some other recipes that are dairy/wheat/sugar free: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/healthy-banana-cookies/detail.aspx

    and

    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean-brownies/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoops....the last one does have sugar, but is dairy and wheat free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so yummy...so does Hannah!

    I was thinking about you yesterday. I heard a Mom talking about how great gripe water is. She said her friend loved cilantro but baby didn't and she was NOT willing to give up her cilantro, haha. I thought, geez...Kaitlin's given up everything with such a positive attitude and grace! Yikes to be the kid whose mom wont' give up cilantro!!!

    You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you liked the recipe. It is so easy and sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!!! Pumpkin "bread" or something baked & pumpkin-y was on my list this week to find a grain free substitute for!! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this was posted forever ago, but for awhile my family and I have made the recipe at least once a week! Thank you! It's delicious,GF, and healthy as far as treats go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ensure that you calculate the charges of equally, make a decision, after which include that value into your finances This is applicable to qualify for the professionals as well as the government staff Industrial Advancement Bank of India, briefly named IDBI, is a foremost private bank in India that has been around since in the country throughout 1964 and also grabbed 4th place FLV blaster Dependant on your fiscal requirements, you are entitled to utilize for 700 cash loans to be able to obtain quick sum of money from online lending firms The top lead providers carryout quality control lab tests such as looking at their target information in addition to matching your IP address to location codes It's nearly extremely hard to strengthen your debt since you continue to use cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!