Friday, September 21, 2012

Quick Takes


-1-
I guess you could say we're settled! We moved to our new rental house two weeks ago, lived in chaos for the first week, then welcomed my parents and sister down to completely clean and organize our entire house. All of our stuff was stored in the moldy house for almost three months while we were "homeless" so everything had to be cleaned. Everything. No-I don't think you understand. We wiped down each individual spice shaker. And ran loads of clothes hangers through the dishwasher. And did laundry......for 10 straight days. I'm actually still not done with laundry. My guess is that we've done at least 60 loads of towels, sheets, clothes, baby toys, and anything else that was made of fabric.

It. was. exhausting.

And it's almost over! With the exception of a one page to do list-we are moved in!

-2-
I have a post in my head about lessons I learned from being "homeless". Some of them profound, lessons that I'm really glad I had the opportunity to learn. Others, not so much. Like-I really need a garlic press. From Pampered Chef. It's not an option-it's a necessity.

-3-
We had a doctor's appointment today and Ted was able to take off work for it! Four weeks apart is so far and I've been nervous waiting for the appointment. I do feel the baby kick but I'm so busy and distracted during the day that I won't feel it for several days straight. Then it will occur to me that I haven't felt any kicks and I'll sit and wait for them. And of course they never come at that moment. But we had a quick ultrasound and baby was alive and well. Alleluia!

-4-
We got a few pictures. And I left them in the exam room. Sorry mom! We have the "big" ultrasound scheduled soon-so there will be pictures in the near future.

-5-
The bump at 18 weeks. No, I did not fix my hair for this picture.


-6-
She is so beautiful. Her smile stops me in my tracks.



-7-
A few new fun facts about my girl: She's perfected the art of saying "no" but always does it respectfully and sweetly (how long will this last??) If she doesn't like the song on the radio she shakes her head and says "no" until I find one she likes. If she doesn't want me to tickle her belly she says "no" until I figure out that she wants me to tickle her feet. She hands me puzzle pieces and tells me where to put them. Sometimes she purposefully tells me the wrong spot and then says "no" and moves the piece herself.

Do ya think we might have a control freak on our hands?? I wonder where she could get that from?

Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I can not wait until you write the post of lessons learned from being "homeless." Some of the deepest insights you might not discover for years later.

    You are beautiful. You're daughter Hannah is darling. And I think that is totally unusual to say "no" sweetly. My Tess sure doesn't. Maybe Hannah has a sweeter Mother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see you guys! Yay! Hannah's beautiful! And that's one adorable baby bump you've got there!

    I'm really excited to hear what you learned! And I really, really need a garlic press too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlin:) what is the secret of your beauty? i wanna be fit like you! are you like very disciplined with food n exercise? Hannah's "no" instances are quite funny...:)and she's looking more and more cute in the pics!....How did you do so much work with that baby bump?!... lookin forward to the insights from homelessness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. abigail---Dying laughing over here! Maybe Hannah has a sweeter mother....So funny!

    Chicken waaaaaaaaaang.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the move and on settling in so quickly. We moved to a new state a month ago, and I still have frames lying propped against walls and don't know where my pitchers are.
    And you & new baby look so wonderful... but that little girl is a gem! Wishing you continued health and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Abigail on the lessons from homelessness post!

    ANd YES you need a garlic press from PC. I use it every day!

    And that move and cleaning sounds EXHAUSTING!!!! How on earth did you do it? You're wonder woman!

    That smile stops me ni my tracks, too! She's so beautiful! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cutie! So glad you are all settled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!