-1-
I love the library. I think it's one thing our government is actually doing right. I love the free, once a week storytime (although I don't love the overly excited librarian leading it who can't sing looby loo the right way, but what can ya do?). I love the books for sale for only 25 cents. I love reserving books online and having them all ready for me when I get there. The library makes me feel like a better mom. I'm getting the kids out of the house, interacting with other kids, reading (obviously), and not spending a dime. Win x 4.
-2-
Bonnie introduced me to these The Lizzy Bennet Diaries. YouTube videos of a modern take on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. They are awesome. They suck you in and since they're only about three minutes long, you find yourself saying, "just one more," about a dozen times before you can tear yourself away. But I admit, I've only actually read the first few chapters of Pride and Prejudice. I had a hard time getting used to the writing style and just wasn't that into it. I know, I know. That makes me a huge literary loser and I feel like a giant failure because I don't love Miss Austen. But, BUT, I'm going to do my best to read the whole thing just so I can watch the YouTube videos and get all the references. Because they definitely stopped being as funny when I couldn't catch all the inside humor.And because if I watch the entire series without reading the actual book, some of my friends just might disown me. Well, probably just Haley. But I don't want that happening.
-3-
I'm not sure when all that reading is actually going to take place because I feel like there are never enough hours in the day to do everything I need and want to do. Not enough time for even half the things I want to accomplish! By the time both kids are in bed we only have about two hours of evening if we want to get to bed at a decent time (which never happens). How is two hours enough time to read and pay bills and do dishes and order stuff from amazon and cut Ted's hair and print off pictures for frames and plan meals and make grocery lists and make a snack and spend quality time with my husband and and and and. Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way. Maybe it will change when my oldest isn't two and I can actually accomplish something in during a time of day that isn't naptime? Maybe?
-4-
Speaking of never having enough time in the evening...I finished the entire second season of Once Upon a Time in only 13 days. So I guess I'm just a huge hyprocrite about not having enough time in the evening. But at least when I watch TV I can fold laundry and eat. So really it's making me even more productive. And I guess it goes to show me that if I want to do something badly enough, I'll find time for it.Anyone else love the show? I know the acting isn't great and some of the plots are a little far fetched, but I can't help but absolutely love it. I just love all twists and backgrounds on the fairy tale characters.
-5-7-
I am so tired. So very tired. It's 8:14.
I'm watching the second season of Once Upon a Time right now, admitting right now that I have turned down evening reading to mainline 2+ episodes in a row... X)
ReplyDeleteI finally started being able to do stuff during the day (and not naptime) around the time when John Paul hit 3. And the bonus is that Cecilia at that point was more likely to stay with him and play than try to "help" me wash dishes. It was still only in fits that I was able to do things like that, but they also stopped emptying all the laundry that I was folding (AND helping fold wash cloths).
ReplyDeleteOf course, now that the twins are almost walking I'm about to lose any time to do anything ever again...
If something can't be accomplished while I'm breastfeeding, it's not likely to be done. I've been practicing putting Lu in a sling or the Moby to feed her during the day, but still. If it's this difficult with one, I can only imagine how much harder it is with two!
ReplyDeleteI also tried to read Pride and Prejudice but just couldn't get the writing style to make sense in my brain. Glad I am not the only one! I will give it a go again at some point!
ReplyDeleteI finally finished P&P this summer. It took a while to get into it, but once I did, it was easier! :) I'd also highly recommend North & South. The BBC movie is awesome as well! Free on Amazon Prime, if you have it.
ReplyDeleteYes! The library is the BEST!
ReplyDelete