Sunday, May 10, 2015

On Mother's Day

My experience of motherhood has been wrought with irony. It is the thing I desperately longed for and now the thing I run from on a daily basis. Both intensely energizing and incredibly exhausting. It forces me to face my many inadequacies but also reveals strengths I never knew I possessed. I'm so blessed that these children call me their mother, but damn if it isn't also the hardest thing I've ever done!




Happy Mother's Day to all mothers! And to those who are still longing and waiting and hurting on this day, you have my sincerest prayers.

4 comments:

  1. I love Luke's face in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so beautiful! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke is adorable! (As are your first two!) Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read more! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!