Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Our Beautiful Baby

We had our fetal assessment ultrasound done on September 8th (19 weeks). Every time I see that precious, tiny human on the screen it takes my breath away. I just have to share.


S/he's smiling!! We watched as she played with her tiny little and sucked on her fingers. We saw her tongue move and then her mouth turn into this amazing little smile. I think it looks like she's laughing. Laughing for joy in her content little home.


This is his beautiful face staring at us. It's kind of hard to get past the fact that he looks like an alien, but beautiful nonetheless. And check out that huge belly! It's as big as his momma's!


Looooong legs just like daddy! I love this one because it shows how cramped he already is inside my womb. It's the most amazing thing for me to realize that that precious little foot is the same one that I feel kicking me throughout the day. Ted thinks the foot looks really big compared to his leg and is hoping that's a sign that he's gonna be a basketball player.


Precious little footprint. We know for sure the baby has inherited at least one of my characteristics-the freakishly large gap between my big toe and the rest of my toes. That definitely wasn't the trait I wanted to pass on....

When the doctor walked in and saw us looking at the roll of pictures (that was at LEAST as tall as Ted) he said, "Wow, I don't think I've ever seen someone get that many pictures." I had to laugh because the ultrasound girl is the same one that did all of our infertility follicle study ultrasounds. I guess we're getting star treatment now :) That's a "perk" of infertility I didn't expect!

18 comments:

  1. Amazing, Kaitlin! :) Beautiful photos, and I love the toe part. haha
    Also, your soap story was hilarious over on the Bubble! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You can already tell s/he's going to be a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! And you are half way there today!! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! I think you have a Ted-sized baby in a Kaitlin-sized belly! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine how happy you must be after seeing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous baby!

    And I had to laugh... whenever I have someone in for an Ob scan who I know has dealt with IF, I go overboard on the pictures, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby is GORGEOUS!!!!! Wow! And, loooong legs and big feet! Nice! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT! We have a foot photo too from my oldest 15 years ago...I just cherish it. THANK YOU FOR SHARING. Precious indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the pics! Those are definitely Ted's long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! You must be on cloud nine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! :) those are some long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos/post! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE THESE!!!!! They're so CLEAR!!! Love, love, love those baby toes!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!