She has graciously donated one of her beautiful rosaries to be given away to one of my lucky readers. Her website is definitely worth checking out. She's a Catholic mom who has a love for our Blessed Mother and a desire to spread devotion to this beautiful prayer. The website also has some great resources for more information about the Rosary if you're interested. And the best part? Ten percent of all sales go to support some great Catholic charities.
These were a few of my favorites:
Contest Details:
Anyone who has ever commented on a post is eligible (or anyone who has been a quiet "follower"). Just leave a comment on this post answering one of the following questions:
What is your favorite Mystery of the Rosary and why?
What is your favorite title for Mary and why?
What is one thing you've done and would recommend to others to strengthen their relationship to Mary? (this last one has selfish motives...)
The winner will be drawn randomly and posted on Wednesday, November 22. "Entries" will be accepted until midnight on Tuesday, November 23. The winner will be able to choose from any rosary on the website (with the exception of couples and custom rosaries) and the gift includes personalization.
If you're interested in buying a rosary as a gift-get your order in before December 8 and she guarantees shipping in time for Christmas. To get a 15% discount, enter MORELIKEMARY as the coupon code at checkout. (How cool is it that I have my own coupon code???)
Alright-get to commenting!




Hmm.....my favorite mystery of the Rosary right now (it changes often), is the Coronation of Mary, Queen of Heaven. My girls are very into "royalty" right now, and they get so very excited when we say this mystery. It draws them closer to Mary, and makes them excited to say their prayers. Seeing their excitement and hearing their prayers brings me to tears. Mary is guiding my babies and drawing them closer to Jesus. How could I ask for anything more?!!
ReplyDeleteI love the epithets "God-bearer" and "Star of the Sea." The best thing I've done-- teach my daughter to have a devotion to Mary. Every time we leave Mass, we go to the statue of Mary in the prayer grotto outside, say a Hail Mary, then tell her we'll see her again soon and ask her to pray for us.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite title for Mary is Our Lady of Lourdes!! She is truly a miracle worker. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing this giveaway.
My favorite mystery is easily "The Nativity." It is a little bit of Christmas morning all year long.
ReplyDeletePlus, I told our Lord once that if I could never carry a child to term, and have my own little nativity, His nativity would be enough for me.
Oh what a nice giveaway! If you get lots of good responses you'll have to do a summary post for us!
ReplyDeleteI think that (right now) my favorite mystery is the Visitation. The Transfiguration might be second.
Let's see- my favorite mystery of the rosary is the Coronation of Mary. I always loved that mystery as a little girl- I think because it involved a queen and a coronation- way better than Cinderella! Along the same lines, my favorite title for Mary would probably be Queen of Heaven and Earth. I think one of the best things (atleast for a kid) in fostering a relationship with Mary is "visiting the Belssed Mother". For a while we lived within walking distance of the church and we would go visit her after school. Sometimes we lit a candle, other times we brought pictures we had drawn of her but usually we just said hi mom followed by a quick prayer.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure if I have commented before. I am one of those quiet followers. And my name is Kaitlin too...spelled the same way! My nickname just has always been Katy.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, to answer the question, I think my favorite mystery has to be the Decent of the Holy Spirit. I too often forget about this amazing third person on the Trinity, but it is truly an amazing gift!
Currently my favorite mystery is the Visitation, meditating on the fellowship of women/mothers and the Magnificat.
ReplyDeleteLoving reading everyone's comments.
What a lovely giveaway! My favorite mysteries are the anounciation and visitation. Basically all of the joyful mysteries. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the title "Star of the Sea" and "Mirror of Justice" for Our Lady. :)
Great idea!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite mystery is the Annunciation.
My favorite name for Our Lady is "Mommy Mary," my oldest daughter named her that at age 3 and it's stuck.
Praying in front of Our Lady's statue after Mass.
This isn't really anything that I've outwardly done, but I often say to myself the passage from Luke 2:19, "And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart."
ReplyDeleteI just think of Mary at the Nativity, realizing that her son was to become the savior of the world, but only through his death and resurrection and the amount of grace it took to bear it all. As a mother, I can't imagine witnessing my child go through such agony. This has helped put my trials as a mother into perspective and allowed me to connect my heart with hers in a way that only a mother can.
The Wedding Feast at Cana is my favorite mystery - it does a great job showcasing the relationship between Mary and Jesus.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite title is either Morning Star or Queen of Peace. :)
My favorite mystery - The Visitation. We were married on that feast day and I love reflecting on Mary meeting her cousin Elizabeth and the fact that an unborn baby was the 1st to recognize the Lord!
ReplyDeleteThis comment is from Mary M.-she was having trouble getting the combox to work.
ReplyDeleteEvery night before I go to sleep, and sometimes in the morning when I wake up too, I give my Mary (statue in my room) a kiss on the cheek.
It always makes me feel like I'm really giving her respect and showing her love, and it makes me feel closer to her. :)
Thanks for the contest - SO COOL that you have your own discount code! Sweeeeet! :)
Have a fabulous weekend!!!
My favorite is the nativity. I think because it brings such hope to the despairing world--the birth of our savior. Haha I always tell DH I love Christmas because it combines two of my favorite things--Jesus and babies. :) I also love thinking about what Mary must have been thinking and feeling on that first Christmas night--I love the verse in (I think?) Luke about how she kept all those things in her heart to reflect on.
ReplyDelete1. I love the Wedding at Cana because it reminds me of Mary's influence in Heaven.
ReplyDelete2. I love Our Lady Queen of Peace because I ask for her intercession anytime I am feeling stressed. The calm I feel is almost always immediate.
3. I set my cell phone alarm to go off at noon to remind me to pray the Angelus. It is a great reminder in the middle of my day! :)
hi sweets!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite mystery is the Visitation. I absolutely love it and always imagine the two kindred spirits, these holy women of God spending time together with life in their wombs. That image continuously amazes me. AND... MM's birthday is on the Visitation! COOL!
Mine for the moment is the 3rd Luminous mystery: Proclamation of the Kingdom of God. It used to be the most challenging for me (as I think it is for a lot of people) because it is so general compared to the other mysteries. My pastor recommended mediating on one or several of the different teachings Christ taught during his public ministry, particularly on repentance. So I think it is my “favorite” now just because I have a relatively new and refreshing perspective in my meditation where there was once a big struggle awaiting me on Thursdays. Other than that, I love the Visitation as well.
ReplyDelete1) My favorite mystery is when Jesus carries his cross...always a good reminder if Jesus could literally bear his cross, I can carry my small crosses.
ReplyDelete2) Favorite title for Mary...tough one. Mother of the Eucharist and Mother of the Church :)
3) I am going to try St. Louis de Montfort's 33 day Total Consecration to Mary...I start Nov. 29th!
My favorite Mystery is the Visitation..."at the sound of her voice, the infant leapt."
ReplyDeleteMy favorite title for Mary is Ark of the Covenant...Luke 1:43 and 2 Samuel 6:9
"Hail Mary..."
Hi, I'm a quiet follower. :-)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite mystery is the Visitation. But I love all the Joyful Mysteries.
Oooh these rosaries are so pretty! Love this idea!
ReplyDeleteI would recommend adding the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows here and there. It is not meant to replace the regular rosary, but to complement it, and it is so beautiful especially if you are going through a time of suffering or sadness. (that's my recommendation for further drawing closer to Mary) :) Here's a link for how to pray it: http://7sorrows.org/7sorrows.aspx
My favorite title for Mary is Our Mother of Perpetual Help. Who doesn't need perpetual help? I definitely do! I used to keep weekly devotion to Mary in this honor and have meant to pick it back up! Maybe this will work as my nudge. :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite mystery of the rosary? Well, I love the Joyful Mysteries, always have, especially the Annunciation. This was such a humble time in the Holy Family's journey - it was both the most "normal" phase of life... the "hidden" family years, yet also incredibly extraordinary. I love to ponder Mary as a young woman receiving her vocation. Advent is also my favorite time of year (no surprise!). It reminds me of how God works through the "small" and in unexpected ways, and I envision this phase in salvation history like the early morning when the sun's rays are juuuust peaking over the horizon...
ReplyDeleteUm, can I also just say kudos to Trendy Traditions for having a wedding rosary!!! DH and I received one of these for our wedding, and LOVE it. Apparently, they are not easy to find but they make a GREAT wedding gift!
ReplyDeleteI love the Visitation and the Annunciation... I can't decide which is my favorite :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love love love the Angelus
Did I miss this????!!!! It's not midnight here yet!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the title of Mary: Seat of Wisdom!
Such an innocent young girl, so profoundly wise!
(I also like Mystical Rose)