-1-
Work has been crazy!! There is just so much stress and pressure at the end of the semester when you work for a school district. Despite the increased work load, I'm still loving my job! I don't ever dread getting up and going to work. Time (usually) flies by. And I come home with a little bit of energy left and generally in a good mood. What more could you ask for out of a job?-2-
We met with our doula Monday night! I love, love, love her. She is so knowledgeable, so idealistic, so practical. I know she's gonna work great with us. Have I ever even mentioned that we have a doula?? She is currently in the process of getting certified, so she hasn't attended very many births yet. But that also means she's FREE! We are so, so blessed.-3-
For the first seven months of my pregnancy I had no idea why the "birthing ball" existed. I could not wrap my head around a possible benefit of sitting on an oversized ball. I already owned a big exercise ball for work (a lot of kids with sensory integration issues love them) so I decided to give it a try. Wow! I had no idea what I was missing. For the first time in a looong time, my back doesn't hurt. I literally sit on the ball and the pain just melts away. I set it at the computer desk and now I just sit, swivel, and rock to my heart's (and back's!) content. Next pregnancy, I definitely won't wait so long to use one!-4-
Speaking of "next pregnancy".....do any of you pregnant IF readers out there worry about a second already? I'm eternally grateful for this miracle baby, but deep in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "this might be our only chance." I don't dwell on it, but it's definitely there. And it sucks.-5-
I'm excited about the new Chronicles of Narnia coming out this weekend! I don't think we'll get around to seeing it any time soon though. Anyone else out there big Narnia fans? I've always loved the books and have been very happy with the movies so far. The Dawn Treader was probably my favorite book, so I hope the movie does it justice.-6-
For the first time in my entire life I am not minding the cold! I really, really hate cold. I think I actually had a bit of seasonal depression when I was younger (not to be confused with those struggling with real, clinical depression-I was just poopy in the winter months). And yes, I know I live in Mississippi and it's not really that cold. But going out to my car in 20 degree weather at 7:00 am used to REALLY bother me. But lately, I haven't minded it one bit. I wish I could attribute this to a growing maturity and a positive attitude about cold weather, but I know it's probably just the result of a ton of extra weight and my own personal four and a half pound space heater rumbling around inside me.-7-
Quick pregnancy update: I'm 32 weeks. I've gained 30 pounds and my weight gain has really slowed in the last few weeks. The baby moves ALL THE TIME! I love the hiccups. I'm still feeling pretty good, but the third trimester is definitely different from the second. We're now going to the doctor every other week-which is exciting.Off to buy our Christmas tree! I convinced Ted that we need a 7 foot one this year :)

I keep telling myself I need a birthing ball. I used to have an exercise ball but lost it. If it helps that much with back pain I may go buy one tonight! Awesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not minding the cold as much either and we are having really unseasonably cold temps here in Florida. The space heater moving around inside definitely helps. :)
I too worry about future pregnancies. I feel a bit guilty when I do but I think it might be common. It's heard to get rid of the IF mindset. And let's face it. After the baby is born we could very easily go right back to the same issues we had before. I'm sure I will need the surgery we were scheduling and the HCG injections again. Indont know about you but I sort of feel like I'm on some sort of strange tightrope. It's hard to describe.
I'm looking for a doula now. Any advice on picking one.
Yay for 32 weeks!!!! Almost there!
Yay for liking your job and your doula.
ReplyDeleteYes a birthing ball is good thing to have and enjoy as you travel thru your third trimester.
Good luck finding the perfect tree!!
Sounds like the Lord has put you in such a great place with life and work so that you can enjoy this blessing! How wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI can not speak to the cross of IF - but, we have lost a baby and that alone plays mind games. I am now 19 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child - the 1st after our loss. And, I too have those feelings! I hope everything is ok, I should really enjoy this as I don't know if it will ever work out again, I didn't have an issue before and now it seems I have a hard time getting and staying preggo...
The worry goes on and on. For me, I feel like it is a chance to grow spiritually. It has been good for me - but I think it will just be a "forever" thing in the back of my mind. So, I can see how you would feel that way as well. :)
I am soo excited for you and have loved reading about your journey!
My DH as an exercise ball but I haven't really used it much yet. So glad you like the doula.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny but at this point I'm not too worried about our ability to conceive more children. I probably won't get to concerned until after trying the combination of things that I got pregnant doing for a couple months. My DH has already started talking about our plans for number two (this actually started near the beginning of my pregnancy).
Holly-I'll pray for your newest little miracle! I imagine that miscarriage creates an entirely new set of worries. We BOTH need to focus on the positive!
ReplyDeleteKaren-I would say the most important thing is to meet them in person and spend at least an hour just talking before choosing one. I think a lot of comes down to personalities meshing or not. We met with one doula who was VERY good at what she does-but I didn't feel like I could just be myself around her. She had a "go in fighting" attitude toward the hospital staff and I didn't want to take that approach. The doula we got definitely has a fighting side that will come out if we need it, but she wants to assume the best intention of everyone and try to work with the hospital staff as a teammate first.
It was very important to me that Ted be comfortable with her since he's really the one who she'll be talking to. We looked for someone who had a similar philosophy as us-she had a home birth for her daughter, but is very supportive of hospital births as well. She's also very big about making our experience the best it can be-even if we end up with a c-section. She has tips and advice and ideas on how to even make a c-section better!
I just google searched like crazy until I found one that works for us!
#4 -- yes. And it makes me feel greedy. But I can't help wondering if my little girl will have any brothers or sisters. I sure hope she will! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your tree.
#6 I am sooooo glad to live in Phoenix! Some of my kids were playing outside in shorts today, and my son had a baseball game in the morning which was played in perfect weather!! Ahhh! Now, I know there are those who love cold winters and snow, so they wouldn't like it here, but boy I rejoice in it! (I went to college in Boston and had some depression issues due to the dark skies in winter.)
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe how close you are to giving birth!!!!
5- Ken and I saw Dawn Treader yesterday as our last 'date' without the babies here yet - that was my favorite book by far and I thought they did a pretty nice job with it! (and I cried, but that does not take a whole lot right now)
ReplyDelete6- Seasonal depression, I still get it, and it's horrible (though when you live in Wisconsin & Minnesota, cold and gray takes on a whole different level of meaning) Thank the Lord for built in space heaters!! :)
Can't believe you are 32 weeks already, how amazing!! Enjoy these last weeks, they can be so very slow and so fast...somehow all at once!!
Yay for a 7foot Christmas tree! Take a picture! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd #4, yes! I was asking Rob the other day, "So when do you want to start trying for the next one?" and it is always in the back of my mind that this baby might very well be the last one...we just never know God's plans. But that won't stop me from trying :)
Those of you who fear you might deal with S.A.D.ness this winter, try eating bananas. They are such the miracle fruit! They really do work! Any fruit you can buy at 46 cents a pounds is by default a miracle fruit, but they earn their keep in this regard too!
ReplyDeleteI love this list! That is awesome that your doula is free!!!
ReplyDeletePlease post a picture of your tree! :) I LOVE big trees!
Yay for being 32 weeks!