Sunday, March 6, 2011

Adorable

We attended Adoration as a family of three for the first time last week. Ted and I have had a weekly Adoration hour for the last five years that we started when we were dating. Taking Hannah to see Jesus with us was....... is there even a word to describe it?

I was incredibly distracted the entire time. I nursed her for the first half of the hour and stared at her for the second. The only prayer I managed to get out was "Thank you Jesus."  I couldn't force myself to stare at the Host, her face just lured me in and held my complete attention.

At the end of the hour I was upset with myself for my pathetic attempt at prayer and my lack of attention to Christ. And then it hit me.

This is how Mary attended Eucharistic Adoration.

She held Jesus' flesh and blood in her arms and just stared at Him. She was the first person to ever truly Adore Him.

And while I realize that my daughter isn't the Savior of the world, I felt that adoring her was exactly that I needed to do during that hour. I adored Christ by adoring her and thanking Him for this sweet, sweet blessing.

I know that as time goes by, I'll need to direct my attention back to Jesus and away from the beautiful bundle in my arms during our Adoration hours. But during that first Adoration as a family of three I believe I adored Christ a little more like Mary once did.

21 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful reflection. So very true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful reflection! I am impressed that you took her with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm going to echo everyone else - beautiful reflection!! also - how wonderful that you and your husband have been going to adoration together for 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm echoing as well - beautiful reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I absolutely loved this post. You really made me think about this. I thirst for that experience with my own baby. I know you waited long and went through your trials...I'm so happy you are happy and appreciating that little one to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful Kaitlin! I'm so happy you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Signing off for Lent! You, Ted and Hannah Rose will be in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy your Spring Break with your best girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post! Brought happy tears to my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I think your blog is pretty ADORable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so Reed of God!!!

    BEAUTIFUL, Kaitlin! I love it!!! Houselander would be proud!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!