Friday, March 18, 2011

Quick Takes (22)

-1-
I made a yummy salad for lunch today. I never take the time to actually buy stuff to make a good salad. I buy lettuce and dressing and then they both go bad because, really, who wants to eat lettuce and dressing? But today's salad had craisins and nuts and feta cheese. And it was good. And that makes me happy.

-2-
Today makes me feel like an amazing mother. I woke up and cuddled her for a half hour. Nursed her. Got myself dressed and ready while she happily sat in the swing. Nursed her again. Went to the grocery store and wore her in the Moby. Thanked the dozens of people who told me how cute she was. Came home. Put away groceries while she happily sat in the car seat. Nursed her again. Napped with her for an hour. Nursed her again. Put her down for another nap and hit the blogs.

But Wednesday looked like this: Nursed her. Cleaned up spit up. Changed her clothes. Nursed her again. Got puked on. Changed my clothes. Gave her a bath. Nursed her again. Held her for hours while she had gas. Nursed. More spit up. More changing. Eventually kept her naked while she ate. Stayed in pajamas for the entire day and never got around to brushing my teeth.

You just never know what the day will bring!

-3-
I did nothing to celebrate St. Patrick's Day yesterday. I didn't even wear green. I want to make St. Joseph's Feast Day special (tomorrow). Anyone have any ideas?

-4-
If I select the ones that sit below my hips, I fit into my old jeans. They don't look great. They're a little uncomfortable. But they're, uh, free!

-5-
Our noise machine broke. After only 3 weeks of use!! I'm not too upset, because it didn't have a white noise option and I would rather have white noise than an ocean or birds calling. Suggestions for a good white noise machine that won't break?

-6-
I'm considering changing the description line under the title of the blog. My best idea right now is: A wife and mother seeking to become a better version of myself through imitation of the Blessed Virgin.


What do ya think?

-7-
Has anyone ever played Bohnanza? It's a game about bean farming and Ted and I can't get enough. We don't own it-our friends, Jude and Alisha, do. We've played it about once a week since they introduced us to it over a month ago. Ted and I aren't usually big gamers, but we've been inviting ourselves over to their house so we can play.

Think we're strange? I only devoted one quick take to this awesome game. Alisha devoted an entire post!

Have a great weekend! Go play some Bohnanza!

16 comments:

  1. I like #2! :) It's true that you never know what each day will bring, but it sounds like you are taking it in stride! :) Go Mama!

    Also like #6

    And for #5 we always just used a fan...why? Liked that it circulates the air in the room and also if you go on a trip and forget it, you can use the hotel's air conditioner fan sound (baby is already used to the fan) or most people already have a fan at their house you can borrow....instead of having to remember to bring the white noise machine anywhere. Just an idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I do the same thing when it comes to salads so when I actually buy a bunch of good stuff I get super excited! :)

    2. & 3. I love it!

    4. Awesome! I told K that it would be awesome if the first time I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans they were too big. He thought that was funny. A girl can dream can't she?

    5. K and I sleep with an air purifier on. We both need the white noise. So...we've decided to get a small one for Mary-Grace's room. We figure she'll already be used to ours and if her's is nice and small we can take it on trips.

    6. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White noise...my mom-in-law recommends a radio. Turn it to a station in between stations, so you just get static. We gave it a try, and turned it really quiet, but still loud enough to cover the random other noises. Eventually if you decide to wean Hannah off of it, you just turn it more quiet each night. And, it's easy to borrow if you forget it or are traveling. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing how one can forget to brush one's teeth, but the number of days when I get to 4 pm and think I'm sure I planned to brush my teeth multiple times today!

    #6--definitely like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, you had me laughing so loud on #2. How true it is! Some days are beautiful, seemingly orchestrated into perfection. Others - well, you said it. They can be "difficult". That's what I tell Paul if I've had one of those days. I pause, think about what I'm going to not complain about because I love Thomas, and say "It was difficult."

    I don't know how many times it's been mid-day and I haven't showered yet, and every time that happens I swear it won't happen again. But it will, and that's okay.

    Have a great weekend cuddling with Hannah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brookstone has a great one! We've had theirs for years... Highly recommended!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely eat a salad without feta cheese! ;) Goat cheese is amazing too, but you have to get the real kind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use a white noise cd and I happy to burn it and mail it to you. Let me know. It has vaccums, blow dryers, rain, pick your pleasure :) I burned it for SEW and both my boys used it. Yeah for fitting in your jeans and cute babies in slings! :) I wanted to tell you that when AJ spit up like that around the same age, I was actually feeding him too often. Just a thought. I fed him more b/c he spit up and I thought he lost so much food so I kept the cycle going. I love the blog tag line!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the new blog description! Also love feta cheese...makes me want some now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The salad sounds pretty good, I used to eat a salad everyday but my taste buds have changed so much lately I can't eat them as often!

    You are back in your jeans? That is ludicrus! My SIL was the same way, tiny like you before pregnancy and instantly tiny again, good genes you have.

    So glad you enjoyed such a great day with HR with no upchucking and gas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this... LOVE your posts....

    ReplyDelete
  12. For Kate, I just downloaded a white noise track on iTunes that is like 10 minutes and then burned it multiple times on a CD and we play it all night on repeat. Kate still uses it for her nap and all during the night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We do love our Bohnanza... and we're grateful that we never have to beg you guys to play it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHA! Love that #2!! So true!

    I don't know about Bonanza, but I think I'd like it!!! :) I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lurker delurking to say - Bohnanza is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!