(Click on the link to watch the video. You have to click it twice and actually watch it in You Tube.
Do it. Or this post won't make sense :)
This is exactly what my evening looked like. Snuggling my sweet baby and singing her this song. Laying her gently in her cradle and staring at her as she slept.
Only I wasn't wearing a pink nightgown. I was wearing the same clothes I wore to work today.... covered in spit up.
And minus the dog perched up on the cradle.
Sans the cover tucked up dangerously close to her face, too. Picture a
And I didn't just sing it once. I think I sang it 37 times.
But I did sing it sitting on the bed, just like the video. But I sang it standing too. And rocking. And bouncing. And laying down on the bed. And standing again. And rocking again. And bouncing. And one more time laying down.
And it was accompanied by a very loud "ssshhhhhhhhhhhh" from the noise machine.
And it didn't last two minutes either. It was a little longer. Like maybe around 4 hours? Yeah, I think it was four hours.
And there was a fast food run in the middle of it while dad took over the rocking and laying and standing and bouncing.
Oh, and there was nursing. Lots and lots of nursing.
And did I mention bouncing?
And the video doesn't show the three different pacifiers I had to try before finding the one she wanted. They left that part out.
But it did end with a sleeping baby in a beautiful cradle.
So yeah, my night was exactly like the video :)
So cute. Love the edits to the video you describe! A perfect Mother's Day, indeed!
ReplyDeleteSo funny and sweet at the same time. So creative; she must be sleeping well. ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou just perfectly described last night in the M household. :)
ReplyDeleteThis cracks me up. I've soooo been there. And since Henry decided now, at 18 months, that he'd like to stay awake for hours if he gets woken up at night, we're going through it AGAIN.
ReplyDeleteBut you know what? This kind of night is what you'll miss when you realize that your baby has slept through the night for months on end, and would rather go to bed than cuddle with you. Sniff.
Was she sick or just needing her mommy??
ReplyDeleteah, motherhood...
ReplyDeleteHa! I can so totally relate these days!
ReplyDeleteBut Lisa is right. It won't be long and Hannah will be sleeping through the night, and you'll be fondly remembering the days when you got to snuggle in the middle of the night with her!
But you MIGHT NOT miss the spit-up part. Or the rocking and bouncing and sitting and standing and laying. Or the 4 hours or the experimenting with pacis.
So maybe you'll just miss the snuggling part. :-)
LOL!!!! I am cracking up at your commentary! You are so funny!!! I'm so sorry your evening was so rough, but am glad you're able to laugh about it and find the beauty in the middle of the frustration! Abigail is teething and going through similar not-sleeping-ness. I know she's going to purify me!!! God is using her to sanctify me! :)
ReplyDeleteI like that scene! :)
ReplyDeleteI read your post a few days ago but blogger wouldn't let me post! I think this is so funny!!!
ReplyDeleteOh boy that sounds so hard. We had the same situation with our son. Aren't noisemakers great?
ReplyDeleteOur Little Miss Hannah forgot to read her part in the script?? To funny, Miss Kaitlin!
ReplyDeleteLove that movie!
ReplyDeleteCute post!!! Very sweet!
ReplyDeleteI think this post is so funny! And so true! :) I think I lived it yesterday ;)
ReplyDelete