-1-
Someone is sitting up! And is apparently very proud of herself!
-2-
No Sales Tax Weekend + 50% off the entire store + Credit in my consignment account + Baby who can now sit up in the dressing room while I try stuff on =
Two skirts, a shirt, and a dress for only $12! Happy Early Birthday to me!
-3-
Ted's been gone the last three days for work. I've survived the sleepless nights by myself, but I am sure happy he's on his way home. Life is just better with my hubby here.
-4-
I'm not one to post recipes online. I fall into the category of "taker" and not "giver" when it comes to information on the internet. This recipe, however, is begging to be posted!
Homemade Bruschetta
2 tomatoes (garden only!)
1 onion
2-3 small cloves of garlic
Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper
That's it! I brush olive oil on sourdough bread, season it with garlic salt, and bake it for a few minutes. While it's baking I cut up the tomato and throw the onion and garlic into the chopper. I add the seasoning to my taste (which means a ton), slap it on the bread, and enjoy my heavenly creation!
Isn't it great when healthy food is also easy and yummy?
-5-
As if I didn't already want one bad enough, looking at the above picture makes me really, really want a fancy camera. Then I could take cool pictures of my food like this. And capture more smiles from Hannah with a faster shutter speed. Maybe if I sell my current camera and combine all my upcoming birthday presents......Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on buying a really good camera?
-6-
While you're over at Laura's blog checking out her awesome picture of zucchini pancakes (You have no clue what I'm talking about? You must not have clicked on the previous link) check out her newest post on breastfeeding her daughter who is about to turn one year old. Good stuff.Hannah will be six months old in just over a week and I'm pretty dern proud that she hasn't had anything but mama's milk in her precious little digestive system. (Not to make anyone feel bad who can't say the same of course-I can toot my own horn without judging right?)
-7-
Speaking of that precious little digestive system, Hannah is definitely allergic to dairy. I've also been so skeptical of "dairy allergies" because they're so common it almost seems like a fad. Then I had my own little one with "allergic colitis" and I now know it's definitely not a fad. So I'm completely dairy-free and have been for almost two months now.And you know what? It's not a big deal.
This from the girl who drank 1-2 glasses of milk a day, ice cream several evenings and week, and considered Sonic the ultimate date night. But when I see how much it's helping her my motivation is sky high and I don't even mind the slight trouble.
And did you know that dairy is in everything?? Like, everything everything. Oh well. Maybe this is the kick in the pants we needed to move further away from processed foods and eat things the way they are meant to be eaten.
-8-
I need an 8th this week. In honor of NFP Awareness Week, check out two of my favorite bloggers/columnists and their take on NFP. Jen is so wise and Simcha is so funny.I wrote my own post on NFP, too-in case you missed it!
Have a great weekend! And have a bowl of ice cream for me. Really. I won't mind. :)

I know all about #3. Paul just found out that he's gonna be in Australia for a couple weeks just as I'm starting back at school. This past Spring he was in Chicago for about one week per month. I had a very difficult time with being alone, but have come around to seeing the good I could make of it. I like to see how much I can do while he is gone for him and for us. Enjoy the homecoming. :)
ReplyDeleteMMM, that looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteLydia would break out in hives and lose her lunch from diary but after she turned one everything cleared up. Bennet is almost 2 and still can't have dairy, although we still give him small amounts of ice cream and cheese. He's outgrown his flare ups due to cats and dogs and we're hoping for the same with dairy and peanuts. Anyways, I say all this because it may end up clearing up for Hannah, too! Yay ice cream!
ReplyDeleteOh she is just too cute!! I love all her rolls!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm really hoping I'll be able to breastfeed to at least a year, maybe longer if baby boy and me are still doing well with it! :)
Love those baby legs!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI really like our Canon Rebel DSLR. It is the intro DSLR for Canon I think and I have been very happy with the picture quality. I watched for it to go on sale and bought it online on Thanksgiving night and the package deal included the camera bag, an extra lens, a 2GB memory card, and the camera of course. I know you like sales, so just keep an eye out.
ReplyDeleteOh, and the pics of Hannah are ADORABLE!!!
I second the Canon Rebel DSLR!
ReplyDeleteI love mine!
Awesome :) Hannah's future husband had nothing but PUMPED milk until 6 months too. And it's still 95% of his diet at almost 8 months! (Apparently Hannah likes older men :)
ReplyDeleteM was allergic to dairy until she was 2 1/2 and she grew out of it. My doc says 85% of kids outgrow dairy allergy by age 3. Hopefully H will too. It was so nice being able to make pizza and mac and cheese every once in awhile!
Oh and I totally hear ya about dairy being in EVERYTHING.
Love the cute picture at the top! I don't have a lot of suggestions for you on the camera, but having recently gotten a nicer one, I can say go for it if you find a way to make it work!
ReplyDeleteYEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO HANNAH!!!!!!!! Has life gotten easier? :) Sorry for the sleepless nights- esp without Ted. :( But YEA for your great deal shopping!!! You're awesome!
ReplyDeleteGIMH recommended a photo book called Mamarazzi (sp????) and I'm loving it. But it might give me camera lust very soon... It all comes down to shutter speed, doesn't it! :)
Not offended in the least! I'm very glad that breast feeding worked out so well for you both. She's just beautiful! :)
ReplyDelete