So it's Infertility Awareness Week. At least that's what I heard on Catholic radio this morning. And I feel as if I should write some profound reflection on what infertility has done for our lives and our marriage. On my fears of coming face to face with secondary infertility in the not so distant future and the crippling feeling I get if I let myself dwell on that. Or maybe an encouraging post for anyone out there struggling with issues of infertility.
But I just....can't. The well is dry. I have nothing to offer right now. I can't think about infertility while I'm in this middle land of wondering whether we'll get pregnant easily a second time, get pregnant after a huge ordeal, or never get pregnant again. My cycle is still MIA. So any efforts to conceive or test or meet with doctors are pointless. We just wait. And wait some more.
And I hate waiting.
But if you, dear reader, are sitting at your computer today and needing someone to vent to/talk with/confide in over the pain of infertility-shoot me an email.
And while you're at it-please offer up prayers for my friend Karen, who is awaiting very significant medial news.
Well I'm sleep deprived, so I'm not profound or coherent right now. But I did wonder about your thoughts on how infertility is related to the corporal acts of mercy "welcoming a stranger." Christ also says "Whoever welcomes one child in my name welcomes me..."
ReplyDeleteIf you have a kid with special needs, you're "welcoming a stranger" b/c your not sure how this is going to impact your family. If your a super fertile you "welcome many strangers" and wonder how to fit one more chair around the dining room table.
But if your infertile, it's sort of like "welcoming a late stranger" or a stranger who doesn't show up. The good china is out, the dinner is ready, but the guest doesn't show up. It's such a painful wait.
Thinking of you and praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI feel like I could write a book about waiting. Sometimes sharing not much is actually a profound comment.
ReplyDeleteI too am still waiting for my cycle to return to even get to find out whether we are going to have to deal with secondary infertility. Waiting definitely is annoying.
ReplyDeleteprayers for your friend ... and I hope you won't have to worry about secondary IF.
ReplyDelete