It seems that I'm surrounded my miscarriage lately. My own loss of our sweet twin baby. The heartbreaking miscarriage of a friend who almost shared my due date. Another friend telling me about the miscarriage she just had before she even had the chance to tell me she was pregnant. Two dear bloggers who have lost their babies and are now painfully waiting for D and C's. And the anniversaries of two different friends loosing their babies before birth.
That's a lot of miscarriage.
I read this article yesterday and thought it was beautiful. It says it so much better than I ever could.
But for my own, simple reflection-I will say that being surrounded by miscarriage serves a very real purpose for my life. It's easy to fall into the mindset that babies come easily. We got pregnant easily the second time around. Both of my pregnancies have been without any major complications. It's not hard to starting thinking that I'm in control. That we'll be able to have children whenever we want. And that we'll never suffer major heartbreak.
But that's just not reality. The suffering of so many of my friends serves to remind me that God is in control. He gives and He takes away. And really, I must surrender everything to Him-because it belongs to Him anyway.
The suffering of others forces me to be more grateful. To appreciate the gift of life within me on a deeper level. Because it's so fragile. Even in a normal, healthy pregnancy. And when we meet this baby on his birthday it will be because God has BLESSED us. Not because we deserve it.
Please pray for all those suffering from the pain of miscarriage. Especially S, J, M, J, M, and L.
So very true. Thanking God today even more than usual for my healthy pregnancy and praying for those suffering.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful article. Prayers for those who have miscarried.
ReplyDeleteThank you for that article! It was beautiful. Half of my children are also in Heaven, I am carrying #4 right now. Praise God!
ReplyDeleteHave you named you little one? Congrats on all your blessings.
Beautiful reflection. It is easy to start to think we are in control. I think about that when it comes to my twins with cp. What could I have done so this wouldn't have happened to them? There are no answers, we just have to have faith that God knows and has all of it in His hands.
ReplyDeletewww.alliec5.blogspot.com
Yes, we are not in control. And, whenever I start to feel the creep of control and impatience taking over my heart I TRY to re-look at my precious children and remember PURE GIFT. They are our greatest teachers that God is in control.
ReplyDeleteI know that this is something no mother really wants to contemplate, but miscarriage also reminds me that the lives of the children I have living right here beside me are just as fragile and precious and in God's hands. Anything could change in a moment. We lost our first baby to miscarriage and it has changed everything, even with three totally "normal" pregnancies since then. Prayers for all those suffering currently!
ReplyDeleteThis is so well put. It is true, even in my sadness on Monday pre ultrasound, I found myself saying aloud the I was the luckiest mom ever as I pushed my boys through Target. I caught myself, and then continued my sentence. It is true now more than ever. My boys are miracles. I can never forget that or take anything for granted. they are gifts. Are goal is to get them to heaven. Three of our children have met that goal, not as I would have it, but as God saw fit. I don't argue with His thinking. His ways are not our ways. All I can do is be grateful for the time I had with them and the time I have with the ones here on earth. It is so true, nothing is a given, not even the ones that are with us now on earth are promised another day. We just have to give it over God and trust Him. Thank you for this reflection.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing the article. <3
ReplyDeleteI just miscarried last week and this was just what I needed to hear! Thank you for following the Holy Spirit's lead with this post! It doesn't bring my baby back but it does bring me peace.
ReplyDeleteMiscarrying was the hardest thing I've ever gone through but it was also a great time of learning for me and truly created a sense of kinship with women through the ages and all over the world.
ReplyDeleteI understand your feelings of confusion about seeing twins but being grateful for what you have. At this point, I have no regrets about my miscarriage. It is what it is and I am completely at peace but when I see a pregnant belly of somebody due around my former due date or when I hear a new pregnancy announcement, my heart aches aches aches.
All I can say is to honor those feelings and accept them.
Love to you, Kaitlin! Now I have to go catch up on your blog!
Thank you for your support and prayers K, they mean so much. Prayers for a continued safe and healthy pregnancy for you.
ReplyDelete