Despite the fact that Hannah woke up an hour and a half earlier than normal.....combined with the fact that I went to bed late because I was watching the Cardinal's game (dang Eastern time zone....)......and topped off with the Cardinal's loss.......
we had an awesome day today.
One that needs remembering.
Lots of snuggles and cuddles and unprompted back scratches from my little girl.
Playing in my bedroom with nothing but mom's books, pillows, and underwear for an hour and a half.
She asked me to get the crucifix down off the wall and proceeded to kiss Jesus ("susus"). Then she kissed His hands and feet and handed Him to me for me to do the same. What? Who is this kid? She has never seen anyone do this! So we kissed Jesus' "boo boos" and told Him we loved Him.
Then she tried to get me to nurse Him......
When I laid down on the bed, instead of telling me "up up!", she let me lay there for at least five minutes while she covered my body in kleenxes.
She decided she was NOT going to read Old MacDonald with me-despite it being her favorite book yesterday-and every time I sang "E-I-E-I__" she cutely responded, "NO!" I like her version better.
Around lunch time she went into the kitchen, opened the dishwasher, got out a plate, set it on the table, climbed into her high chair, buckled herself in, and made the sign for "eat." Girl knows what she wants. This story was only topped by Ted telling me that the other day she opened the dishwasher, got out the dish detergent, shoved it into the dishwasher, closed the door and tried to turn it on.
I ate leftover pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing during her nap today. And drank coffee. And blogged! And that was after I prepped dinner. Who am I?
I'm wearing tights, even though it's not cold out yet.
We're going to Old Navy this afternoon.
Ted's coming home from work unexpectedly early today.
We found a package of pork chops from our pig in the bottom on the freezer when we moved and are having them tonight. We thought we were out! What a glorious surprise. I'm making them this way-they taste just like you're eating them in grandma's kitchen.
We got to Skype with my mom.
Hannah made the rooster sound every time I asked. I can't get enough of it.
Happy Tuesday!
Sounds like an awesome day indeed! I love reading about other people's days, everyone's is so different yet so interesting. Grace in action, every moment....
ReplyDeleteOh, and the rooster sound, I totally would be asking Hannah to do that all the time as well! So cute!
Oh, I just love this! Nursing Jesus huh? She's so adorable! We miss her already!
ReplyDelete