Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Highs and Lows

Low: Hannah waking up at 4:55.

High: Ted playing with Hannah all morning and letting me sleep until 6:30.

Low: Getting to Mass on time-only to realize that the Mass schedule has been changed and we were an hour early. Or 45 minutes late depending on how you look at it.

High: We still got to go to Mass. And sing Joy to the World, Silent Night, and Hark the Herald, Angels Sing.

High: Pigtails.


High: Hannah took TWO naps.

Low: She woke up from her second nap puny and sickly.

High: Christmas pajamas. Even though we opened gifts at 2:00 in the afternoon.


High: Presents!

 
 
High: A wonderful dinner with my family.

Low: Hannah's dinner coming up all over me and the baby bump just minutes after she consumed it.

High: Cuddling on the couch with my little girl watching Barney while I snuggled her back to health.

High: Watching her gradually feel better and play with her new toys as the day went on.

High: Playing with the box.


High: this:

 
High: Rocking her to sleep singing her favorite song, Hail Mary, Gentle Woman, and hearing her finish the phrases as I was singing. "Blessed is the fruit of thy woom.....Jesus, Howy Mummy......Mother of Dod.....Pray for us sinner now......and at the hour of death, Ah-me."

Low: The horrible backache that's been forming for the past few hours and the kicks that have me buckling over in pain. I seriously feel like I'm about a two days past my due date. And I have two months to go...

High: The wonderful and long massage from Ted. The one he doesn't know he's about to give me as soon as I finish this post.

Low: Not getting a single decent family picture from the day. I think I'll make Ted wear his tie to church again next Sunday just so we can snap a fake family Christmas photo.

High: Getting an awesome picture of the extended family. I can't believe there are eight of us in this picture!


Low: Looking at this picture and realizing how unflattering this sweater dress is...and that it's the only church outfit I packed for the next two Sundays.

High: Christ is born! The word was made flesh and dwelt among us! Christmas is finally here!

Merry Christmas! My massage is calling!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, those pigtails and pajamas are too cute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look beautiful!

    We had 2 sick babies for Christmas too. Boo!

    I LOVE that Hannah finished that song! Made me a little teary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and that picture of Hannah with your parents...Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the sweater dress is VERY cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!