Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy Feast of St. Nicholas!

St. Nick's Day is one of my favorite holy days. It was always special growing up. St. Nick/Santa put a few presents in our stockings and we opened them before school in the morning. I think that was part of the fun-it was still a normal school day, but we got this extra special treat jammed into an always hectic morning. My mom (I mean St. Nick....) gave us each an ornament every year to hang on the tree. They always went along with whatever we had been doing that year-a girl riding a bike when I learned to ride my bike, a little Brownie when I started Girl Scouts. I have some of them hanging on our tree now and each one brings a wonderful memory to mind.

Ted and I are continuing the St. Nicholas Day tradition with Hannah, who awoke to a little something special in her stocking (but not her ornament, because I forgot to get it in time. I do plan to reenact the feast day on some random day when her ornament comes in the mail. Because I'm cool like that.) 

The Little People nativity set. I bought it cheap last year and have been so anxious to give it to her.


Bubbles. They're actually the bubbles she already had, I just re-filled the soap because it's been empty for a month.


She's in love with her stocking. Ted's sister Kate made all of our stockings and they just arrived. Even though they all look pretty similar, Hannah instantly remembered which one was hers. She carries it around the house and tried to put it on her feet.



Happy Feast of St. Nicholas!

7 comments:

  1. so adorable! St. Nick's wasn't a big deal in my family or my husband's family, but we definitely want to incorporate it into family Advent traditions for our own kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...Are her pjs on backwards? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! still rockin' the backward pjs I see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered the same thing as Sew LOL. Your house looks so nice and neat too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep-backwards every night! If we don't put them on backwards, she takes them off as soon as we leave the room and then screams until we come put them back on! And I will give myself credit for keeping a pretty straightened house. It's just so small that if it gets cluttered I start to lose my mind! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is one lucky little girl! your photos are great!! happy Feast Of Our lady Of Guadeloupe!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!