Friday, December 28, 2012

Quick Takes

-1-
We're still in Missouri with  my side of the family this week. And we woke up to six inches of snow the day after Christmas! Hannah loved it during the ten minutes we allowed her to be out in it.


-2-
My mom and sisters and I saw Les Miserables Wednesday evening. It was the first time I had been to a theater since I was 35 weeks pregnant with Hannah two years ago. What a great movie. So nice to watch a well done film where good is portrayed as good and evil as evil. Great singing. Awesome music. Holy ending. Two days later and I still can't get it out of my head. Did you see it? What did you think?

-3-
Tomorrow marks 32 weeks!


-4-
Today is the Feast of the Holy Innocents-the baby boys who were killed by Herod in an attempt to kill the baby Jesus. Ted, Hannah, and I went to Mass this morning and prayed for the victims and familes of Sandy Hook. Bonnie wrote an excellent post, as usual, about the sensitive topic of what to say to families who have lost children.

-5-
I just learned that Christmas lasts until the Sunday after Epiphany (January 6th). I always thought it ended on Epiphany. Since January 6th actually falls on a Sunday this year, Christmas lasts until January 13th. Ted noted that this year has the shortest possible Advent and the longest possible Christmas. Pretty cool!
 
-6-
What were your favorite Christmas presents? Some of the highlights around here include a subscription to the Magnificat (no more excuses for failing in daily prayer....), a giant crock pot that's made for feeding nine people (so it should almost be big enough for me and Ted...) and wooden cutting food.
 
-7-
I'll end with a Santa photo circa 1989ish. I know you're jealous because your grandma didn't make you a special elf costume. Sorry 'bout your luck.
 
 

Merry Christmas! It's not over yet!

6 comments:

  1. Please tell us, if you still have that elf outfit. It's is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had family in Missouri. Are ya'll close to KC or SEK? Let me know! :)

    And your belly is so cute! Getting close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #7 truly made me laugh out loud. I loved the "Sorry 'bout your luck" line!

    We have the Melissa & Doug cutting food too - love it.

    And thanks for dropping my name. I feel so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so deprived! Because I never got to have an elf outfit like that. Love the Magnificat, it really is a great little magazine. Have a great rest of the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucia just got that cutting food too! So cute! Our other favorites are a rocking horse, sewing machine and new TV (my husband's! Getting rid of the TV would be a gift to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally jealous of the elf costume!!

    I got the bread cookbook! No need to scan me recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!