Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How NFP Got Me Pregnant

In honor of Infertility Awareness Week, I wrote a guest post for my friend Haley at Carrots for Michaelmas  about how NFP and NaPro technology were crucial in our treatment of infertility.

Ok, that's a lie. I had no idea it was Infertility Awareness Week until I saw stuff popping up on facebook. And Haley asked me to write the post months ago. The fact that it went up today is a total coincidence. Or God-incidence? You decide.

It's long. And I promise I was doing my best to be brief! Brevity and me, we've never seen eye to eye.

Either way, check out my post and say an (extra!) prayer for all those struggling to conceive or waiting to adopt. Muchas gracias.

St. Gianna, pray for us!
St. Hannah, pray for us!

6 comments:

  1. HI!
    It's Renee from church...we have basically the same name blog! lol. I just saw your awesome post on Hailey's blog. Beautiful!
    Take Care!
    Renee
    alittlemorelikemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!! NFP has now gotten me pregnant twice. Thank God for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your post, very informative. I know someone who has those horrible periods, I hope she is not on the pill, that´s all they prescribe for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm torn about this (not going to read the post, as I think it would be unwise). Lots of people know a lot about NFP, you know? It's NEVER going to get me pregnant. I believe that deserves a fairly heavy emphasis, especially with NIAW and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Misfit, I understand that you don't want to read the post. Let me know just say a bit more about it then without you having to read it.

    Haley's series has included tons of posts about NFP from all different angels and is mostly geared toward readers who are unfamiliar with NFP (she has quite a lot of non-Catholics reading). Mine is the only one (I think) that talks about the benefits of NFP for achieving pregnancy rather than avoiding. It would be impossible to go into every little detail. My post outlines a few reasons why I believe NFP (and NaPro) are better than conventional fertility treatment. I don't make any claims that it will "work" for everyone, but I do allude to the fact that I believe it is more likely to "work" than working with regular OBs will.

    Hope that clears things up for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!