Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Deep Thoughts

I've lamented the fact that I don't do much reflecting on the blog anymore. Too much energy. Too much effort. Not enough brain cells. But tonight's reflection will more than make up for it.

As I was patting and shushing Paul for the third time tonight I silently prayed a Hail Mary to keep myself from getting frustrated. I thought about how grateful I am for my little boy and how huge he looked laying in his pack-n-play. How it's such an honor to help my sweet son fall asleep just like Mary must have done. And then, the deep thought....

I wonder if Mary prayed Hail Mary's over Jesus at night.

Blame it on the mommy brain, the exhaustion, whatever you want. Those who know me know that sometimes, I'm just.that.dumb.

14 comments:

  1. I don't think it's dumb at all. Actually, thinking about your words made me reflect that, in a way, she DID pray it. Not the exact words, but definitely the words that the Angel Gabriel spoke to her and everything that followed. Actually really cool to think about. You are deep, I think. Not dumb. (Though this postpartum brain is more dumbing than the pregnancy brain, I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's dumb either! I'm SURE she prayed over her Son - and I'm sure that she recited the words announcing his coming that Gabriel spoke to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do need that shopping trip... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not dumb at all. Sure, at first it made me giggle. :) But not dumb. I'm sure she prayed over him in a similar way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dumb, not at all!! I'm sure the Virgin Mary prayed all the time to God for guidance, patience and wisdom in raising God´s son. Maybe not the exact words of the Hail Mary prayer like we're used to. I mean, we'll never know the details about what kind of baby Jesús was, but I wouldn´t say he never cried or was never fussy so yeah I can see Mary praying to God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah! Not dumb. I'm sure she was praying... but probably not to herself. ;) And I applaud you for remembering to pray to avoid getting annoyed. I usually just pray songs of thanksgiving once the baby is finally asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jesus was the perfect baby! She might have prayed an our father instead of Hail Mary! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just looked in the mirror and gawked. I feel kind of tired after 1 week postpartum, but my eyes say it all. WOW! They're scary! They give raccoon eyes a run for their money. My anecdote is just to say that I can relate to foggy brain. Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At high school youth camps I helped supervise, the kids would put on skits. One particular young gentleman was playing the part of Jesus and opened the skit in prayer. "In the name of the Father....uhh, Me....and the Holy Spirit."
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe I may or may not have done the same thing, once upon a time :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely made me laugh at first (not least because last night my prayer was GOD PLEASE MAKE HIM GO TO SLEEP. Not very loving or deep). But it is true that I'm sure Jesus was just as much of a night owl as my little one, and I'm sure Mary prayed and prayed and prayed for him to go to sleep. I'll remember this tonight when I'm up with my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your title this morning and didn't read the post because I was not ready for deep thoughts.
    I am in the middle of a very deep post. It has been in my head for months but I have not had time to put it in writting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My pray is usually, "For the love of God, kid, SLEEP!!!!!!!" So not a lot of deep thoughts over here either. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!