Linking with Hallie again, this time to dote on my sweet Paul.
Paul Man, you are six months old today! The time flew. Faster than I ever knew time could fly. You are such a delight to your family. Here are your top five favorite things in life at your ripe old age of six months.
-1-
Me. I am the source of summit of your happiness. The term "mama's boy" has never been used more accurately to describe your love for me. It's amazing. You could be happily playing by yourself in the living room, but if you get just the tiniest glimpse of me out of the corner of your eye you must be near me. You will do anything to get in my arms. If I come home from being gone for a few hours you jump and flap and scream until I wrap you up and nurse you. And then you smile at me like this:
When you finish nursing you lay in my lamp and flap your left leg (always left) and just smile at me.
I am just as crazy about you as you are of me. And my favorite moment of every day is hearing you playing in your crib after you wake up from your nap. Then opening the door and watching you light up and wiggle all over the place because you are just so stinkin' happy to see me.
I love being your favorite.
-2-
Hannah is a close second. She makes you laugh way more than I can. But she can't nurse you. So I still win. Your love for Hannah is so beautiful. When we're in the car you just stare at her. In fact, you go weeks without ever fussing in the car, even for trips a half hour or more, because you are just so happy to sit and watch your sister.
| A repeat picture, yes. It's so good it needed to be on here twice. |
-3-
"Crawling". You've been sitting since you were four months old, pulled up for the first time at 4 1/2, and started rocking on your knees shortly after. You are all but crawling and I expect you'll do it any day now. Even though you can't crawl, you sure do get to where you want to go. It's kind of like an inchworm. You pick yourself up onto your knees, sprawl out with a forward lunge, then shimmy back up to your knees again. Last night you got all the way across the living room to join us at the table during supper. You like being in the action.
You also like being very serious.
-4-
Food. Well just bananas really, that's the only food you've eaten so far. You act like you want to eat everything on our plates, but when we fed you some sweet potato on a spoon you got the chills and spit it out. But banana in the net feeder? Your new fave. You actually cried when I took it away to refill it today.
(You have the most gorgeous blue eyes.)
-5-
Talking. You are the babblingest six month I know. Your current repertoire consists of /b, m, bw, g, gw/ and an occasional /d/. You even combine consonants to say things like "bih-ma" or "ger-buh". It's quite impressive. You love to slap your hand across your mouth and listen to the way it changes your sounds. And you say everything with such purpose. Like you're really trying to tell me something.
| Picture taken mid babble |
We love you Doodle. Thanks for adding so much joy to our family.
Of all the zillions of things I could ever comment on your blog, I just have to say that your sweet boy is just about the most handsome and cute baby I have seen!
ReplyDeleteGreat list! Happy Half-birthday Paul!
ReplyDeleteSo precious! You can tell he's a happy baby, especially in the first photo. And I love that you are his favorite, of course! You and your hubby make some cute babies! Happy half-birthday, Paul! You do have some terrific blue eyes.
ReplyDeleteThis is so precious!
ReplyDeleteHe is TOO darn adorable!!
ReplyDeleteI think he is bigger then B and age is 1! Lol
ReplyDeleteHe is so incredibly accomplished! What a beautiful, loving list!
ReplyDeleteLove this! It makes me so wish I'd had a blog when my boys were growing up (way back in the olden days--the 80's and 90's!). This is such a great way to record your memories. Every item on this list made me :).
ReplyDeletewow, 6 months already!
ReplyDeleteWow...1/2 way to a year already!!
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute! There is something about sons needing/loving their Mamas most!! It is sweet (and sometimes heartbreaking) that Isaiah prefers me over the whole world!
Soon Paul will be walking (running) after Hannah and copying everything she does! Sibling love!!
Brother and sister have such different looks but so cute together. How sweet!
ReplyDeleteThis post made me ready to come home (to Tally). I need to see your kiddos ASAP when we get back.
ReplyDelete