Friday, April 16, 2010

NOT Reasons

The following are NOT reasons why we're not pregnant Some of them have actually been suggested to me, but most of them just come from my worrying, complicated, over-analytical head.

It's NOT because of the sins of my past. Or the sins of my present and future for that matter. God is NOT punishing me with infertility because of the sins I've committed against Him (although they are many).

It's NOT because we "aren't ready" to be parents. We're ready. We're more ready than any other couple out there (with the exception of my fellow IF bloggers).

It's NOT because we won't make great parents and God wants to keep us from raising children. I can say with complete confidence that we will make great parents. One of the reasons I married Ted was because I knew he would make the world's greatest dad. I'm not being prideful when I say that any kid would be lucky to have us as parents.

It's NOT because we haven't prayed enough, said the right prayers, asked the right saints, or done enough novenas. While God works miracles and answers prayers, He's NOT waiting for us to get to the right combination of prayers before He blesses us with children.

It's NOT because we haven't worked hard enough to get medical help. While there may be a problem that I never find and a doctor out there that could have "cured" it, there is no way to ever know that. We are doing the absolute best we can with the time, money, and energy we have. God has to got to appreciate that.

It's NOT because I drink a soda or have a beer from time to time. Although I believe diet is important when it comes to fertility, one Pepsi isn't going to make the difference between my follicles producing eggs and staying empty.

It's NOT because we're stressed out about it. It's just not.

It's NOT because we haven't "been on a vacation and relaxed". Unless we take a vacation at the precise time of ovulation, with the right dosage of Clomid, and have sex everyday around Peak day, we're probably not going to get pregnant on vacation. And if we do, it won't be because of the vacation-it'll be because of the sex.

It's NOT because God doesn't love us or want us to be happy. He loves us tremendously. He has shown us that in so many ways. His greatest desire is for us to be happy, however: He wants us to be happy with Him in heaven. Happiness isn't so much a requirement for our life on earth. And since we haven't made it to the foot of His throne, we can only assume that our greatest happiness is yet to come.

And if you're struggling with infertility too, these are NOT reasons why you aren't pregnant as well!

19 comments:

  1. I believe those things listed are definitely NOT reasons why you are not pregnant. I pray that you will be blessed with a baby in the near future. HE knows best and has a plan for each of us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. Just out of curiosity tx-wise, has your MD considered Femara in lieu of Clomid. There are typically less side effects than Clomid and is less drying? Just curious. My protocol from PPVI was 40 mg of Femara on CD3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Kaitlin! Print this out and tape it to your bathroom mirror and read it daily to prevent becoming discouraged! It's totally Holy Spirit inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preach it there sister! :) (I don't get much opportuntity to say that up here in MN...but being in the South maybe you can appreciate it!) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Most of these come from my head, too (except the medical help one - others give that one to me).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have thought all of these things and they have all been NOT TRUE! I totally agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "we're probably not going to get pregnant on vacation. And if we do, it won't be because of the vacation-it'll be because of the sex."

    Oh man, that is a great line. I can't wait to try to work it into a conversation sometime!! :)

    Seriously great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE.
    IT.

    And, I ovulated on vacation in Cancun last June. Didn't get pg. There goes that theory.

    I have had all of these thoughts and more in the past, and it is very true, especially about the "magic combination" of prayers. There's no prayer recipe for pregnancy, there just isn't ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I totally needed that reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly said, but I sure have thought the same things, especially my diet and whether or not I have prayed to the right saint with the right prayers, etc. But don't you know we will keep trying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You forgot one reason. It's NOT because we haven't started the adoption process yet. You know, they say that all those who adopt end up getting pregnant...;) JK. Anyway, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! It's funny how some people can think they can come with the reasons we are not with child. Hmmm....if only they could all walk a mile in our shoes...then maybe they'd somewhat understand or at least try some compassion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Thanks for posting. I just recently wrote a post about "helpful" comments, and how they can be taken. I think you might like it. I'm really glad I found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So true! Thanks for putting it all into one inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dr G-I know exactly what you're talking about! I posted about that in my very first infertility post because I can't STAND when people say that! (Top 10 WORST things to say...)

    Thanks for the encouragement girls-you keep me going!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You write beautifully, and straight from your heart. And, you have taught me so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!