Friday, May 7, 2010

Quick Takes (3)

-1-

We bought the car! We drove all the way to Slidell, LA and came home with a new car! I admit, I relished in the heated back and forth of bargaining. I had so much fun. I'm weird. But we got a great deal and now have a car with ROOM and AIR CONDITIONER!

-2-

We're going to Louisianna again tomorrow morning. We're going to spend the weekend in New Orleans and I'm so excited. It will be so good for us to spend some time away alone together (too bad it's not white baby time yet :). We have no plans other than to enjoy the weekend and do whatever we feel like doing.

-3-

I take that back, we have two plans. One is to eat breakfast at Cafe DuMonde. The other is to attend a Latin Mass at St. Patrick's. I borrowed a mantilla (chapel veil) from a friend of mine and am nervous excited to try it out!

-4-

The Dress Dare is going well. Six days in and no pants! I seriously considered wearing capris today because a child I see in the afternoon had a really hard time with my skirt on Tuesday. He has Autism and was constantly trying to lift it up and put his feet in my crotch. I was nervous about wearing one again but decided to give it one more try. Turns out-he was fascinated by the polka dots in the skirt I wore today and it actually helped him keep calm during our session. Amazing! What great confirmaiton that I should keep going (and that I should wear this skirt on every Tuesday and Thursday!)

-5-

I talked to a blogger! In real life! Wheelbarrow Rider was sweet enough to let me pick her brain for over an hour Thursday night (maybe even more like two). It was sooo great to talk her. We talked just like we were old friends. She gave me some great advice on thyroid issues, clotting, hCG, and more. Talking to her made the entire blog world feel more "real", more tangible. I'm so grateful for my new blog friends. That may sound weird to some of my real-life friend reading this, I realize. But I can't express the amount of comfort that is gained from knowing there are people like you out there in the world. Incredibly Catholic AND infertile-we're a pretty small percentage. Thanks Wheelbarrow Rider. You made my lonely night (Ted was in Arkansas) so enjoyable!

-6-

I'm all set with my ultrasounds for next week. The ultrasound girl in town contacted the ones in TN and figured out everything she's supposed to be doing. I love having ultrasounds done. I always think "if I get pregnant this month I'll be able to tell my kid that I saw them (or at least their follicle) before they even existed! With only half of their DNA." Wouldn't that be cool!

-7-

This week was packed full of cute kid quotes. Here are a couple:

Kid 1: Ms. Kaitlin, you can come spend the night at my house tonight.
Me: That would be so fun!
Kid 1: And I have a tent! If you're not too fat I'll let you come in!

Kid 2: (trying to tell me how to get to his house so I can spend the night at HIS house) Well, how about I make a sign with my name on it and put it in the window. Then you drive by and stop when you see the sign?

Kid 3: (after seeing a picture of Ted on my cell phone) Is that your husband?
Me: Yep! He's really tall, like a basketball player.
Kid 3: Really? He's not real small like you?

Ah! I love em so much!

14 comments:

  1. I loved the quotes from the kids - so cute and funny! Congrats on getting the car and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the car, and have fun on your weekend getaway! I'll look forward to hearing about your mantilla experience - I've never worn one myself.

    And that is a cool thought about your ultrasounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So cute about the kids.

    And it makes me want to go get some skirts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the quotes from the kiddos. They can always brighten your day! Also have a great and relaxing weekend in New Orleans. Also so exciting about the new car....congrats! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED the quotes!!! Kids say the funniest things. I know!
    Yes, it is wonderful to connect with a fellow blogger. I would have never known such wonderful Catholic women who truly understand.
    Have a WONDERFUL time with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll have to tell us how the mantilla wearing goes. I have a beautiful one that was given to me by a friend. I want to wear it, but just can't muster up the courage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a very humbling experience, I love my mantilla....

    Your quotes brought tears to my eyes....

    Congrats on the new car have fun in NO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new car. Very cool that you got to talk to WR, I love talking to bloggers IRL, you feel like you could talk forever. Good luck with your u/s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! I hope yall have a wonderful time in New Orleans! I started the dress dare a little late, today is day 3, but I sure do like it! And finally, blog friends can be so fun! I've made a new bestie through blogging and they can be just as real as IRL friends I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I may do a mini-dress dare in a few weeks! Thanks for reminding me.
    I've linked up to you as part of my Saints and Scripture Sunday -- I appreciate your honest writing. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoops -- posted under my husband instead! Sorry about that! As one Catholic woman to another, I really appreciate your honest, heartfelt writing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you enjoyed New Orleans! I went there for work a few years ago and absolutely adored it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aren't the students just SO funny!? thinking of you lots....

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) I think I just found this for the first time?! I was googling your blog for the modesty shirts but can't find them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!