This is not a happy post. If you're feeling down-don't read this. It won't pick you up. What an awful day. Three major meltdowns (possibly from Clomid??). One at work-I was trying to find a file that was missing and broke into tears. One at home-Ted "took a tone" for a milla-second and I snapped then started bawling. And once during Adoration tonight-tears streamed and streamed while I tried to stay quiet and not disrupt the other people. I can't keep it together.
Lately, I've been very numb to this whole thing. Numb to my cross and numb to the pain. I think it's a defense mechanism. I'm retreating into myself and hoping that the pain will go away as I just wait it out. It's not working. I'm like a robot-especially at work. I'm not joyful to my preschoolers, I'm not making them laugh or acting goofy with them. I'm not mean-but I'm definitely not the therapist they need. I'm walking slower, I'm driving slower, I'm just lethargic. I have no motivation to do anything joyfully. I'm just trying to make it through the day. When friends ask me how I'm doing, like REALLY ask-the kind of asking that you know means "how are you holding up with your childlessness?" I just pretend like I don't notice what they're talking about and say "fine, how are you?" with a smile. I'm not fine. I'm miserable.
The numbness wore off today and turned into anger and tears. I'm not sure which is worse. Crying is painful but at least I feel something. But tonight at Adoration, this was a new kind of desperation. I couldn't talk to Jesus without being angry. Even mean. I actually said the words "why me?" in my head! Pathetic! I told Him this cross was too heavy, that I didn't want it anymore, that He could take his stupid sweater back because I didn't want it. And then, without even realizing what I was saying (in my head) I actually said the words, "I'm sick of You." I think I meant to say I'm sick of this cross-but I definitely said You. I don't know if I meant it or not. I felt like I meant it. I took it back instantly. I told Him I was sorry. I felt horrible and still do. But I said it. I can't deny that I said it. I would be first in line for confession tomorrow afternoon but our priest is out of town all week (that's what you get for living in Mississippi-no other priests or churches to go to). Am I the only one who can get this mad at God? I don't know how to change it. It's like my mood swings are being taken out on Him personally. I hope he knows how much I want to love Him. I'm not sick of Him, I'm just sick of this cross He's given me. I don't want it anymore. It's too heavy.
My NaPro doctor called me today and we got to talk for over a half hour. That kind of thing usually puts me in a great mood-but today it was just overwhelming. I got the results for the bloodwork I did on P+7 last month (while on 25mg Clomid). They were great! Even better than pre-surgery/medicine. My progesterone rose from 20 to 55 and my estrodial rose from 24 to 40-something. Dr. G was really happy about this and said it was confirmation that my body is responding to the Clomid. He said to go ahead with Mucinex and B6 for this month and he would prescribe an antibiotic if I needed it after that. He also said that he wants me to start doing HCG injections to trigger the follicle to rupture. I still don't know if I even have an egg in my follicle, but that my be impossible to find out since the u/s girl in town doesn't know how to do that. We're gonna try though. I'm going to try to plan another u/s study for all of next week and take the trigger shot when the follicle gets to be 2.0 cm (before Clomid it only got to 1.8). I have a lot of work to do to arrange the u/s and figure out where and how to get the HCG. That new stress might be adding to the intensity of my outbursts today. And the stress of wondering if we're going to be able to pay for all these ultrasounds. It's so much to think about.
I took 50mg of Clomid this month, up from 25 the past three months. I emailed my nurse as soon as I started my period to ask Dr. G how much I should take but never heard back from her so I had to make my own decision. (I found out today she was out because she found out her husband has cancer-please pray for her, she's wonderful!) He said it was probably not a good idea to take 50mg since my body has done well with 25 and that he was concerned it would affect my mucus anymore. Crap. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now-I'm CD 6 already and yesterday was my last dose.
I read about Sew this afternoon and was actually filled with hope rather than jealousy. I don't ever remember hearing about a pregnancy and not being jealous. If it happened for her, it can happen for me right?
Anyone willing to offer me some advice on HCG? I'll take whatever you can give!
I am so deeply sorry, Kaitlin. I know what it is like to feel numb sometimes. But then, the numbness does eventually lessen and we feel renewed once more with joy, such as the joy we all felt when we learned of SEW's great blessing and Jeremiah's adoption news.
ReplyDeleteThis life is rough at times and many of us have experienced, or are experiencing, times we felt our crosses were too much to bear. But you do, Kaitlin, pick up your cross and carry it. You do unite your suffering with His. I am sure this pleases Him and that He knows with the greatest clarity, that you seek to do His will.
Remember that we are here with you to help.
Hugs
I'm planning on going to Tupelo this Saturday for confession if you want a ride (pending that my mother does not want an early Mother's Day visit or dinner). The priest at St. James is wonderful! He always gives counsel and the best counsel. If my mom does want dinner, I would still recommend him. But I will definitely give you a call if she doesn't. And treat you to dinner. Consider it payback for McAllister's. :)
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, sweetie. I am praying for you always. I am certain that God has a miracle in store for you at just the right time, but I know that doesn't help right now....
ReplyDeleteToday I was at a Bible Study on the Psalms. We are studying the lamentation psalms. One point made was that it is OK to let out your feelings of anger, sorrow, and frustration. Read the lamentation psalms. Basically they are rants to God about how frustrated the psalm writers are! Jesus even referred a to a psalm lament when he was on the cross, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" and "I thirst." I don't have the exact references in the Bible, but I hope that helps. It's OK to be angry and let out your feelings. After you do this, then you tend to start the healing process.
ReplyDeleteAlso, as for HCG, I'll e-mail you about how to get it at less than half the cost from Italy.
I think an HCG trigger is $45 from Free.dom Ph.armacy....With free over night shipping....
ReplyDeleteI understand your pain....I understand the anger and lashing out at God. Give it all to Him....
And yes,,,,,If it can happen for me, it will happen for you....You just have to find your "sweet" spot! ;)
Kaitlin, I am so sorry you are feeling so down. I can completely understand the numbness. And I completely understand the breakdown. I feel like you and I are on the same rollercoaster ride right now. I will keep praying for you. I will pray for strength and that you find peace.
ReplyDeleteI order my HCG from Kub.bats Pharm in Omaha. It's about $46 with shipping. I would love to hear from doctorgianna how she gets it from Italy. :)
And Kaitlin, I think it's ok to show your anger sometimes. It's not healthy to hold it in all the time. Remember that our God is loving and forgiving. I will pray that you feel His loving, forgiving arms around you.
You sound EXACTLY like me on the Clomid. Crying, raging, lashing out. Yep, it's all part of the fun! But your hormone levels are EXCELLENT K! That is very very promising. Mine were as well, and the cycle we conceived we had little to no mucus. Has your hubby been checked? I forget. I think you're getting very close to your dreams. Keep the hope alive! Or we will for you :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I know, it all sucks :-( I agree with Dr. G- the psalms show us that it is not only fine, but appropriate to be honest with God. Even if the honestly isn't pretty. I know on some of my worst days, the only prayer I could muster was part of psalm 137 (mostly the version from Godspell):
ReplyDeleteOn the willows there we hung up our lyres.
For there our captors required of us songs, and our tormentors, mirth, saying, "Sing us one of the songs of Zion!" How shall we sing the LORD's song in a foreign land?
I always thought, how can I sing in the midst of all this crap. Anyway, it was the best I could do. Hope this helps. You're not alone and we got you covered in prayer.
I am sorry you have been having a rough time. We are all entitled to our days and even God understands!
ReplyDeleteI have a post on hcg and insurance on my blog-
http://tool4god-myjourneywithgod.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-much-is-my-time-worth.html
and there are more if you search hcg and/or novarel. I take it post peak, but other than that you and I are on very very similar meds. I am so glad the 25 mg worked for you-that is ideal! So next month (if there is) go 25 again and see if you feel better-I hope so. I bet with good numbers like that, you did have an egg. I didn't ovulate until 25 mg clomid for days 3,4,5 (lutenized unrupture follicle syndrome) and 25 did the trick. Amazing. And I have zero side effects on that small dose. If you are worried about the money, try the 25 mg for 3 cycles and see if you get preg. If not, then do the ultrasounds. I only had ultrasounds to dx my problem, not to see if tx worked b/c blood draws showed it was and I got pregnant as additional proof. With Napro, the odds are/good news is 3 cycles should tell ya. I am sending you a huge hug!
Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin,
ReplyDeleteI sensed you weren't yourself lately. Please, feel free to unload on me. I know I can't understand your journey, but I'm always here to listen and pray. My heart breaks for you!
If you are still going to NOLA, I think St. Patrick's has confession before every mass--in the wonderful, old-style confessionals. I think that trip may be just what you need!
Praying for you... I'm sorry this is such a burden on you. How could it not be?
ReplyDeleteAlso, don't beat yourself up about being honest with God. He doesn't want you to pretend to be hunky dory with Him. And if you said, "I'm sick of You" and then said I'm sorry, I don't think this really constitutes sin. I think if you stopped going to Church, stopped praying b/c of it all you'd be in the sin category. Of course you don't want to take things out on God, but He wants the real you and if you were feeling this way in the moment and told Him, it's ok. He wants ALL of you.
Just my thoughts from past experience.
Lots of prayers!
I agree Katilyn and for the first time in awhile I felt happy and hopeful for Sew instead of jealous! I am so thrilled for her. So thrilled....
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so sorry that you live in that little town - I lived there for years and can imagine the difficulty in finding u/s techs, drs, etc.
Thank you so much for writing this. Infertility is distant but on my radar as my husband and I have been married and trying to conceive for almost a year. I won't entertain thoughts of it yet, because I know that's not really that long but it gives me hope that you're bearing the cross faithfully even if begrudgingly sometimes. I pray that you're filled with hope too.
ReplyDeleteWow-I have so much to comment on these comments. Thanks for all of the prayers and encouraging words-they keep me going.
ReplyDeleteVeronica: Thanks-I'll be out of town but may take you up on that offer in the future.
Dr. G-awesome advice on the psalms! I can feel myself praying less and less lately-you're reminded me that I need to pray MORE!
Second Chances-good to know that maybe it's just the drug (or mostly the drug)
Chasing-that is my favorite line in the entire play! Not kidding! I think it's my favorite because my younger sister was in the play in high school and that one line was her only solo in the entire play. It's beauitful-but i never thought about it like that. Thanks!