I may need to go private. I REALLY don't want to because one thing I love about this blog is all of the people that have found it and encouraged and prayed for me along the way. But it might be necessary. I'm nervous about how this will affect my blogging. I need you, my readers, to let me know if you would continue reading. I need to know if you would ask for an invitation.
And lurkers, I'm talking about YOU! I know there are people out there who have been reading all along and have never commented! I know this because I do it all the time on other blogs! So if I know you in real life, you found me off facebook, or came across this blog randomly-I need you to speak now or forever hold your peace.
If you're embarrassed-don't be. I'm kind of a facebook/blog stalker myself so I totally understand the mindset. I just want to know if I'd still have enough readers to make my blog worthwhile if I went private. I will let virtually anyone read if they ask for an invitation (except the person who is causing me to go private...) so LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, send me an email on my personal account if you have it, or email me at morelikemary@hotmail.com.
obviously I"d want an invite... :)
ReplyDeleteIf you go private, send me an invite please.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm one of those lurkers, but I really enjoy your blog and would love to be able to keep reading it!
ReplyDeleteI am one of those non-commenting readers, until now. But, you know that I will continue to follow your blog. I hope that whatever is causing you to "go private" will fade away!!!
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog randomly, Kaitlin, and I've enjoyed reading it very much. I guess I would be a more recent "lurker".
ReplyDeleteOh, btw..Hello, I'm Casey. :) I'm VERY new to blogging as you can see. I'm also a new Catholic, having entered the church last Easter.
I first started reading Jen's blog (Conversion Diary) and have found yours and a few others from there. If you do go private, I'd love to still be able to read along.
Send me an invite!
ReplyDeleteI also Lurk and would love to continue to follow your story.
ReplyDeleteI too lurk!
ReplyDeleteSend me an invite! ;)
ReplyDeleteMe! Me! I want an invite!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if I have commented yet - I just found this blog recently, but I would like an invite :-)
ReplyDeleteMe! Me! I want in! :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I had a dream about you the other night. Is it weird to dream about someone you never met? You were absolutely delightful!
Karen - Was she a munchkin in the dream? In real life she's a wee lil' munchkin! The cutest thing!
ReplyDeleteYou know I'm struggling with this, too. The hard part is remembering to check in for updates, but I've gotten pretty good at it (dividing on my blog helped).
Add me if you do.
I'm a blog stalker - I admit it. Wheelbarrow Rider is my friend IRL. She pointed me to these blogs as we discuss our IF. Your blog, and all the other blogs, have given me hope, courage, perseverance, strength, and so much more through both IF and miscarriage. I don't have a blog of my own, so I always feel "weird" about commenting and/or asking for an invitation to a private blog. I just don't feel right about it for some reason. Anyway, because you offered it up, I might ask for an invite if you go private, but I've definitely never done it before and it does make me a little uncomfortable. Maybe I'm just being weird and need to get over it! Ha!
ReplyDeleteIf I don't get an invitation... we're going to have a serious talk!
ReplyDeleteI'd like one.
ReplyDeleteInvite please!!
ReplyDeleteI would like an invitation! :)
ReplyDeleteDear K,
ReplyDeleteMay I please also have an invite? I know we only met recently, but I love your blog and want to keep in touch. I admire your devotion to the Blessed Mother and your faith. You are an inspiration to me! I also think you are very sweet.
Please know that I am thinking of you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Last weekend hubby and I were blessed to visit the St. Gianna Shrine in PA. I met a few nice women there who have touched Saint Gianna's relic gloves and conceived. I also had the blessing of venerating her gloves with my hubby and praying asking St. Gianna to please pray and intercede for me and many family and friends. I also asked St. Gianna to pray and intercede for a) all of us women still waiting for the gift of a child and b) you, Sew, All You Who Hope, Amber, and all the ladies blessed to be pregnant right now!
I also wrote all of your names down on the available slips of paper for prayer intentions and put your names in the prayer intention basket next to the beautiful basket next to the Shrine of St. Gianna!
Would you like a prayer card touched to her relics? Would any of your readers? I brought home a bunch just for you guys!! If you would like one, email me with your snail mail address and I will be more than happy to send you one!
My email is:
prayrosary4life@aol.com
Also shortly I am going to write a post about my visit to the Shrine and post a few photos of hubby and I on my blog: stay tuned!
Storming heaven for you!
Love,
Maria In Mass
I want to keep reading! :)
ReplyDeleteHa! I've been called out now... I'm a lurker who'd coming clean about it. :) I read you via my former roommate, Lauren, over at Magnify the Lord. I recently took my blog public, but also kept my private blog for photos and more personal stories about my kids. If it's a commenting issue you're concerned about, do you approve comments? I do that so I won't feel so violated if something pops up on my blog... at least my e-mail (not my "normal" address) can act as a gate-keeper on the crazies or meanies out there.
ReplyDeleteOops... who's. I'm a former English teacher. I can't help editing my own writing.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely want an invite!!
ReplyDeleteI'd want an invite! I am with you on never wanting to go private, so I am sorry to hear it may be necessary. But def include me! :)
ReplyDeleteyes please!
ReplyDeleteCount me in too!!
ReplyDeletecount me in please!
ReplyDeleteMe, me, me! :-)
ReplyDeleteI would love to follow your journey!
ReplyDeletePlease invite me! I just found you and I definitely want to keep reading. I can't wait for belly pictures, and baby pictures (should you share them) and more of your insightful posts.
ReplyDeletePlease invite me! I just found you and I definitely want to keep reading. I can't wait for belly pictures, and baby pictures (should you share them) and more of your insightful posts.
ReplyDeleteYou know that I comment frequently and will continue to read. Please dont block your friends from reading this wonderful blog of yours.
ReplyDeleteinvite me please! I am thinking of doing the same, I have had 2 people contact me about "hey I found your blog, didn't know about all your problems, are you okay?" and I don't feel comfortable about that...Don't blame you, but invite me por favor!
ReplyDeleteinvite me please! I am thinking of doing the same, I have had 2 people contact me about "hey I found your blog, didn't know about all your problems, are you okay?" and I don't feel comfortable about that...Don't blame you, but invite me por favor!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin, I'm going to lobby for not going private. I look at blogs as inherently public although privacy is always a choice. Without your public blog, I would not have known about you, another infertile Catholic woman's story. Without reading freely and emailing you, I would not have been able to target my own treatment for infertility. We may turn out to have the same story! And I would not have known that without you public blog! You're an inspiration to me and I hope you will continue that for the next young woman who is sad and thinks she's alone, trying to do right by God, her husband, and know her options.
ReplyDeleteI would totally still read!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to continue to follow you on your journey!
ReplyDeleteI hope I could have an invite! I'm also very sorry some lame-brain is making you have to think of going private. People are crazy.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, you have to keep going, I'm so excited to read more about your pregnancy! :)
yes, i would totally want an invite of course! i have to warn you that I am terrible at checking private blogs. I desire to do better and need a different system. I read link from my dashboard and private blogs don't show up under "all blogs". I have to remember to click on them one by one, and it sucks that is sometimes too much for this brain, but its true. I forget. I will try to do better if you go private. I think Life in Mazes had the same issue, readership dropped but not for any reason other than forgetfullness on the readers' part.
ReplyDeletei'd like in too, please!
ReplyDeletePlease, please - I want in too! Sorry you are having issues with someone. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteLurker...! Please invite. :-)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy reading your blog! So please invite me. :)
ReplyDeleteI want an invite, pretty please!
ReplyDeleteInvite me please!
ReplyDeleteHaha! Yes Ann, she was an adorable little munchkin!
ReplyDeleteInvite please!
ReplyDeleteHey Kaitlin! I've been reading for a while but not commenting. I love your blog! It is very inspirational. If you go private I'd love an invite.
ReplyDelete