Monday, July 12, 2010

Miracle on the Screen

We had our second ultrasound today! It was even more amazing than the first because it actually looked like a baby! All those fears and worries melted away as soon as I heard our u/s girl say, "Well, it's an active little thing-squirming all over the place!" I couldn't see the screen yet and said, "He moves???" "Oh yeah," she said, "moving so much I can't keep an eye on him."

Movement=heartbeat=alive=we're still having a baby!!

Ted was overwhelmed. I was overwhelmed. It was truly amazing.

We, of course, took a video and I'm so glad we did because I could watch that little bean swim around all day long. Although he calmed down a bit by the time we got out the camera, we still saw some amazing tricks! At one point it even looks like he waves to us! And his thighs are so cute-I just wanna pinch them. I saw his brain and it's huge-we're going to have one incredibly smart baby :)

LOVE that little leg!

I couldn't believe we could see the face so clearly. Ted is trying to decide whose nose he has.

"Hi Mom and Dad!" That's a little hand!

Doing his daily neck exercises. It just blew me away that he could lift his head. Crazy!



I love that you can hear Ted smiling and laughing in disbelief in the background. He's framing an ultrasound picture to take to work as I type this.



164 beats per minute! Music to my ears.

Our visit with our OB went pretty well. Nothing to complain about. We checked my progesterone for the first time in 4 weeks and it's still in the 80's! It's mind boggling to me that my body is working. And not just working-but working overtime! My NaPro nurse said those were the best numbers she's ever seen! I like to picture the little bean just swimming around in a huge pool of healthy progesterone. Keep it up kid.

And I realized I used "he" and "him" throughout this entire post. We both feel like it's a boy today-but that changes. I think we feel that way because of a kid we saw at Walmart yesterday. Probably about three years old, he was walking through the aisles with his dad carrying his brand new Spiderman fishing pole, Spiderman tackle box, and Spiderman sunglasses. Ted was grinning from ear to ear and said in all seriousness, "that'll be the best day of my life." Strangely enough, it will be one of the best days of mine too. And today also makes the top 10 list!

**It's also mind boggling to me that babies even farther along than ours are still aborted in their mother's womb. You can't watch that video and tell me that's not life. There is no argument that will ever be convincing.

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just beautiful. Your baby knew you were watching so "he" put on a show! "He" loves the attention!

    Can't wait to hear about all the fun you three will be having.

    So sweet. I am so happy for you!
    And, happy about your little progesterone factory over there.

    Good job, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! These videos/photos are wonderful! I felt like Livi was a boy too, so who knows! But I have read that mothers are accurate just guessing 70% of the time!

    And yes, hard to believe that people can come up with excuses for why that's not "life" Even your little 4 cm bean has sweet arms, legs, belly, etc. I remember the baby looks so big on that u/s screen I couldn't even fathom when I actually realized the baby was the size of my fingernail!

    Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is SO perfect!! :) I love the videos!!! He's beautiful and looks like he's gonna be the center of attention!! :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting all day! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness!!! What a little miracle you have in there! LOVE LOVE LOVE the videos!! I can't believe how much baby was showing off for you! That is just priceless! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome! The part of the brain you were pointing to are the choroid plexus- they make spinal fluid... how neat is that??!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweet baby!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you got to see the little one like that-all wild and crazy having a good time! No wonder the fast heartbeat with all those exercises! lol Charlie used to do the happy dance in my belly when we had u/s and I loved that. This baby-this baby likes to drive me nuts by floating facedown and not moving. Nice-thank goodness we kept seeing the heartbeat or I wouldn't have believed it! But...last time we got lips moving and waves so that was incredible. I love picturing the baby and the tackle box-sounds like a great prof portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats amazing! Thanks for sharing this with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING!!! Love hte videos! I've never heard a baby's heart-beat before!! That brought tears to my eyes!!! SO HAPPY FOR Y'ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! I love it! DH watched the video with me (he likes to look over my shoulder when I'm on the computer). I'm not gonna lie...I got teary. It was just so beautiful. I was thinking the same thing that you were about how there is no convincing argument to that being life. Funny thing is, when I looked up at dh he said "How can anyone say that that is not a life?" Too beautiful to even truly put into words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it how the baby is waving!!! I just kept watching it over and over!!! It's amazing!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PURE JOY to see those pictures and watch the videos!!! What a beautiful child! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy for you and your precious gift! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad all is well! Yay for such an awesome experience to share with your DH after such a long IF journey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay Kaitlin!!! I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics. Love the one of him waving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Before I got to the end of your post, I was watching your little baby moving around, and thinking, how can people really think this isn't a life? It's so sad that a life is only valid if it is a wanted life... makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry, I think this is about the 4th time I've been back here - it just makes me smile so much! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! Wonderful to see your little one moving around and waving. It's pretty crazy that some people don't get that it's a life.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay!! I remember the second u/s we had (at 9 1/2 weeks) and the difference from 8 weeks. Our little guy wiggled all over too. Its so cute!

    And as to your last statement, I know. It's completely unfathomable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fun day for you both, congratulations! That is such a happy day to see the baby like that and glad you were able to experience it. And his little leg is very cute! I agree with fumbling towards grace, completely unfathomable how someone could abort THAT! unbelievable...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats! Isn't the sound of a baby's heartbeat one of the most wonderful sound in the world? The only better sounds are their first noise after they're born, their first laugh, and every time they say "I love you" with no prompting! I'm glad everything is going so well with the pregnancy. What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!