-1-
I'm still contemplating going private with the blog (read yesterday's post if you haven't yet) but haven't made a final decision. [By the way-nothing creepy or scary has happened. Just weird. Don't worry about me :)] I talked with Ted about it (who ALWAYS helps me clarify things!) and still need to spend some time in prayer asking Jesus what my purpose is for this little blog. So until I make a decision, I'll keep it public. But I'm loving the lurkers coming out from their hiding! Welcome!!
-2-
I had the BEST time at a friend's bachelorette party on Monday! Why would a bachelorette party be on Monday you ask? Because we went to Six Flags of course and had to beat the crowd! The entire day was a complete surprise to the bride and I had such a great time just hanging out with most of my close friends from college (Linds and Ash-you were missed!). We even had t-shirts made for the event (thanks Jude!). Here are a few pics:
Me and some friends on one of the TWO rides I got to go on!
The shirts said "Preparing for the ride of a lifetime." Get it? Marriage. And roller coasters. We're so clever!
The gang with Sylvester.
-3-
God answered a very specific prayer request when it came to the party. We started planning it in November and I prayed, "God, please let me be the purse holder when we go to Six Flags!" I so hoped I would be pregnant and wouldn't be able to ride any of the rides. Roller coasters are among my favorite pastimes-but it was definitely more gratifying to watch my friends enjoy the ride while I watched from the sidelines, knowing I was taking care of the little life inside me.
-4-
I went to Mass this morning! And before anyone offers me any congratulations on getting up at 6:00 am to make it there, know that this is the FIRST time I've done this all summer. I went almost every day last summer and have spent this summer sleeping in and being lazy. And yes, I realize I'm in my first trimester and need to take it easy-but come on! I'm off work! I can just come right back home and take a nap! No more excuses-I need to get to Mass more often.
-5-
Since I was home by 7:30 I took the opportunity of actually being awake to clean the inside of my car before it got too hot out. I had to stop by 8:15 because it was already approaching 90. Oy vey. I need to go to the pool.
-6-
I told the girls at the baby shower the other night that I was more nauseous when I'm home than anywhere else. When I got back from my trip to Missouri last week I was nauseous within 15 minutes of stepping inside, whereas I felt great for almost the entire trip! They suggested it was a candle or something in the house causing it. I got rid of our reed diffuser thingy and voila! No more nausea! At least for the past two days. So goodbye nausea and hello stinky house!
-7-
Ted and I have an awesome weekend ahead of us! We're going fishing tonight on Ted's newly remodeled boat. Tomorrow we're forcing ourselves to get up early and go to the Farmer's Market so I can start eating a little better. Autism Support Group later in the day. And a bbq on Sunday! Woo hoo!

I LOVE Farmer's Markets! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling better. It's funny how such a subtle smell can make your stomach turn during pregnancy. :)
1. Oh, please send me an invite if you do go private!
ReplyDelete2. How fun! And I love the shirts!
Sounds like a fun weekend, hope you have a good time!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend. Glad you figured out a solution for your nausea. I need a "voila" for my fussy son.
ReplyDeleteI prayed I wouldn't be able to go on the rides during our Disneyland trip we're taking in a couple weeks. Family members are teasing me that I won't be able to go on any rides...I just laugh and thank God! I will proudly be the "stuff" holder and baby nephew watcher as everyone else goes on all the rides! Yeah for prayers being answered!!
ReplyDeletePraying to be the "purse holder" - that is really neat! You and Patiently Waiting are such awesome gals - I wouldn't have even thought of something like that. I want to hear more about this newly remodeled boat - I need to let Mr. B know - he would be all over that. We were just talking about his boat motor and how it wasn't working very well. Oh, the joys of boat ownership. Have fun on the water! God Bless!
ReplyDeleteSUCH CLEVER T-SHIRTS!!! so glad you got to be the purse holder!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you were happy to miss the roller coasters. What a story to tell your little one!
ReplyDeleteGlad you figured out the cause to the not so happy tummy feeling!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you. I love fishing! DH, not so much. I don't think we've ever been fishing together, sounds like so much fun!
Cute pictures! What a fun way to celebrate together. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat bachelorette party idea. Glad you got to be the purse holder. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDelete