-1-
Another great week of work has flown by! Man it's nice liking your job.
-2-
The baby is moving more and more often, sometimes up to 10 times a day. It still takes my breath away. When she moves, I can't think about anything else. If I'm listening to someone tell a story, I completely zone out and concentrate on the tiny tickles under my skin. I just don't want to miss one second of it. It takes everything I have in me not to loudly interrupt whoever is talking and shout, "My baby is moving! He's alive and healthy and growing! It's a miracle!! God is so good!!!" It's gonna happen one of these days, and I can't say that I'm gonna be embarrassed by it.
-3-
I felt movement for the first time in the middle of the night last night. And yes, I know that this will cause me much frustration in the future, but for now I just relished every second. I curled up next to Ted and just smiled myself back to sleep. Thank you Jesus.
-4-
I'm sooo ready for fall! Thankful emailed me today and told me she was off to spend the weekend in a cabin in northern Minnesota. I'm insanely jealous. The heat index was 110 today. It's still disgustingly humid down here. I'm ready for jackets and football and orange leaves. How much better would life be if it was fall all year round?
-5-
We went bowling last Sunday and I broke a hundred for the first time in my life!! I actually bowled a 127! Ted, who usually blows me out of the water, only got a 94. It was glorious.
-6-
We're having another couple over for dinner tonight. We met them at church recently and they're new to town. And even though they're from Idaho and Pennsylvania, Ted and I were SHOCKED when they told us they had never had catfish.
Welcome to the catfish capital of the world new friends! I hope you like it fried!
-7-
Meeting new people always reminds me of how diverse our group of friends is. We now have friends from Idaho, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, California, Mississippi, Kentucky, Minnesota, Illinois, North Dakota, Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Florida. (And I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple.) All right here in Mississippi. It's just crazy.
But the verdict on the best state in the union? That would still be Missouri :)

Yuck. It's hot hot here too. Almost as bad. Today was tolerable, but we had a few 108 degree heat index day last week.
ReplyDeleteMy baby seems to stay awake all night every night. To be honest, I kind of like it. It's so reassuring to wake up and feel him/her dancing around inside me. I like to take advantage of the peace and quiet to pray and thank God for this baby's life. I also find myself talking to the baby in my head. Do you do that? I know he can't hear it any more than any other human can, but maybe he can feel my love.
Fried catfish sounds yummy. I haven't had catfish in a few years now as I haven't fished since I got married. We need to get some rods and reels and go fishin' one of these days.
Thanks for the birthday wishes and have a great weekend!
Hey - I just went bowling tonight with my DH and my BIL. I haven't bowled in years and it was so much fun (and totally spur of the moment). I beat my BIL 2 games out of 3, it was a blast! (My DH has a bum shoulder so he just provided encouragement from the sidelines.) We went to this total hole in the wall bar / bowling alley and had the bowling part to ourselves - a great night was had by all.
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree MN is pretty great! Well, except for those darned Vikings, but hey, I can't have it all. But as far as best state in the union - well, of course that would be Wisconsin. ;)
Love hearing you talk about your joy when baby moves!! So wonderful.
ReplyDeleteAnd, my aunt (on the Arab side of the family) used to make catfish.... and the heads stayed on. The fish were "looking" at us. Do you guys keep the heads on???
I'm impressed with your bowling score! It is always my goal to break 100, but I rarely do it. One time I got a 99... annoying!
ReplyDeleteI love the joy you are finding in your baby's movements! It is my favorite part of pregnancy. :)
I hope the dinner went well!
Am so glad to hear that work is going well and that you are cherishing the baby's movements. Has 'Daddy' been able to feel yet?
ReplyDeleteI'm also so ready for fall, but am trying not the rush the seasons.
Leila-we cut it into nuggets. with NO heads! Gross!
ReplyDeleteOur guests LOVED the catfish. We also made sweet tea and baked beans to give them a real southern experience.
Joy-I think it will still be a while before daddy can feel it. It's just little bubbles right now. He's sooo anxious!
Glad to hear you are loving your new job and your little one is moving so much!
ReplyDeleteIn our school newspaper my senior quote was, "I hate bowling." Seriously. :)
ReplyDeleteI like Missouri, too! (We used to live in St. Louis)
Mmmm....catfish! :)
ReplyDelete