I always feel so great after we have a doctor's appointment. I can't believe we've already had THREE-and they're four weeks apart!
I literally cannot think about anything but the baby for hours after the appointments. It's like finding out we're pregnant all over again. If I dwell on it, I'll just start crying.
I'm giddy. I replay every moment of the appointment over and over again in my head. It's just so surreal.
Our baby is now 5 inches long-that's HUGE! I know I'll get made fun of for this-but I got out a ruler and put it on my tummy to see how much room the baby takes up. Then, in a moment of shear craziness, I got out a permanent marker and made two little dots on my belly 5 inches apart. Now I can look down anytime I want to be reminded of how big my precious little bean is. Hopefully the marker washes off by the time the baby is 6 inches.....
I'm so grateful. So very, very grateful. Thank you Lord for letting me be a mommy.
Ok.. I love that you get out a ruler - trust me when I say you aren't the only mommy to be who does that!! :) I'm so happy that your appointments continue to go so well, that not-so-little bean is growing like crazy, how incredible!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the laugh!! I held up an avocado to my stomach last week (the bump's size estimate). I felt a little weird eating the avocado after that... :)
ReplyDeleteFor your sake, I can't wait for your next appointment so you can have that feeling all over again.
I love the joy with which you experience your pregnancy. I am so happy for you. five inches is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love this! With my first, the ruler stayed on my desk because I loved to visualize our sweet baby! I never did the dot thing, but I think it is brilliant! :) My thumb and index finger were constantly in a position to how long the baby was. haha
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!
Haha! You aren't the only mommy to do that! I do it all the time and Sweet Pea is nowhere near 5 inches. I like the marker idea...I may do that next. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is the sweetest thing!! Wish I would have thought of the ruler/dot thing!!
ReplyDeleteGlad your appt went well and that you are just soaking up the miracle of this pregnancy. A definite blessing of IF, right? Grow baby grow!
ReplyDeleteThat's such a cute idea! I think I'll have to wait a little long to do it since mine's less than an inch big still and the dots would just blur together. I'm glad your appointment went well.
ReplyDeletehahaha, I love it! How cute are you and your creative mind!
ReplyDelete