Thanks to Cathy for letting us know that this is, in fact, some kind of stunt. (see comments below) My first reaction was "Praise God! A little one's life is not in danger!" immediately followed by "that's still sick!". If this was done by anyone in the pro-life community, for whatever reason, I'm very dissapointed in them. This is not the way to witness to life and was done in very, very poor taste.
**************************************************************************
This is the sickest, saddest thing I've seen in my entire life. Absolutely appalling on a million levels. A couple is actually making the decision to either kill their unborn baby or give birth through an Internet vote!
Although "voting" in this poll should never have been an option in the first place-PLEASE go to this website and "vote" for this precious 17 week old child's life to be spared (but unfortunately raised by some crazy parents).
Read the whole story here.
Then go vote here.
The web address makes me cringe. birthornot.com. Birth or Not???
It's like:
I could go get a manicure....or not.
I'd like to rent a movie tonight....or not.
I'm really craving Mexican....or not.
I could give birth to the precious child inside of me that was conceived as the result of my own actions, has a heartbeat, sucks his thumb, kicks me, and is almost at the halfway point to being born.....or not.
Sacred heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
voted. then vomited from the sickness of it. no, seriously. :(
ReplyDeleteWent to vote, but said database error. I will try again later.
ReplyDeleteThis is shocking and saddening and reminds me to pray even more for my little blessing that is only 3 wks older than the one they are thinking of destroying.
Some pro-choice people are claiming that this is a pro-life stunt to garner outrage about abortion from people. If that is true, it is very ill-conceived.
ReplyDeleteThe woman apparently claimed that she was pro-choice, though...so I don't know.
I voted either way.
And felt sick to my stomach.
She's only about 2 1/2 weeks behind me. I can't imagine being willing to kill your child, especially after dealing with miscarriages. This makes me want to cry.
ReplyDeleteI went there last night and trunly got sick. I think its a stunt and its not real, but I decided to vote.
ReplyDeleteIts sick either way, real or unreal.
I cannot take the images of the U/S out of my mind. that baby is real and its being used to vote on its right to live.
Stunt or not, happy to vote in favor of life!
ReplyDeleteYep, a stunt.
ReplyDeleteJill Stanek has a good post up about it.
(Unbelievably poor taste, idiotic stunt. I don't care WHAT message you're trying to convey.)
http://www.jillstanek.com/2010/11/about-that-couple-taking-votes-whether-to-abort/
I really really hope this is some sort of sick joke. This makes me seriously ill.
ReplyDelete