Thursday, November 25, 2010

In Thanksgiving

Bonnie encouraged her readers to make a list of things they were thankful on Thanksgiving. I only have so much time to write this before I need to start making pumpkin cookies......so it'll be MUCH shorter than the actual list of blessings in my life.

I am thankful for:

Ted, Ted's sense of humor, the fact that my husband also happens to be my best friend, the comfort that comes with being married in the Catholic Church and knowing it's forever, the fact that Ted got us home safely in the storm last night

My baby, every single squirm and kick, a pregnancy free from complications, the generous gifts given at the baby shower, the advice of wonderful friends/mothers, the support we've received on our decision to cloth diaper and breastfeed, the chance to actually choose to cloth diaper and breastfeed, my growing belly, strangers that ask me when I'm due, Ted's smile when he feels the baby kick, the opportunity to make both of our parents grandparents

My degree, my job, having a job that doesn't stress me out, having a job that doesn't require a commute, being able to help adorable little kids get the services they need, great co-workers, a great boss, a phone finally being put in my office

My health, my NaPro doctor, my regular OB who is more wonderful than I could have hoped for, ultrasound technology, being able to afford all the pregnancy books and classes I want, a husband that supports me in every way possible to have a natural birth

For friends in Mississippi, especially Alisha, for friends in Missouri, for sisters that I enjoy spending time with, for parents that are married and still crazy in love, for two living grandparents, for being part of a big extended family, for the opportunity to be a part of Joan and Charlotte's lives, for Ted getting into his Master's program, for Ted doing so well in his Master's program, having a husband that works harder than anyone I know, being completely debt free!!!, the adorable cradle that Ted's dad is making by hand, having a sister who's a nurse and can answer all my questions

For blogging, the fact the people actually read my blog, for the advice and support I received during our infertility struggle, for the strong Catholic witness that so many offer through the blogs, for confession, for the Eucharist, for weekday Mass, for our Adoration hour, for the universal Church, for Cardinal Burke, for Fr. Schumer, for our wonderful seminarian friends, for Lesterville, for the example Pam and Tony have been to us, for their influence in our lives, for New Year's retreats even though we don't get to go this year, for fun lunches with friends

For growning up Catholic, finding a Catholic husband, for the consistency of the Church's teachings, for the freedom found in obedience, the Saints, the angels, Pope Benedict, Scott Hahn, St. Michael, St, Gianna

For health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, car insurance, and vision insurance, for the opportunity to afford all those insurances, for monthly paychecks, for our car that runs great and has room for a car seat, the fact that Ted's truck is still kicking

For Thanksgiving dinners, time with family, milk, ice cream, Sonic cranberry limeades, broccoli, fruit pizza, BBQ, Mugshots burgers, and....pumpkin cookies!

Visit Bonnie for more reasons to be thankful!!

7 comments:

  1. This is a great list! I loved this one: the consistency of the Church's teachings
    amen!

    Happy Thanksgiving, Kaitlin, Ted and Baby! Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I made up the idea of cranberry limeade? good taste you have!

    Happy thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Kaitlin! This is a great list, you're one blessed woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang. I just wrote a quick post this morning before reading yours and Bonnie's, and once again I feel like a blogging jerk...

    Please know that I'm incredibly thankful for your supportive and challenging friendship, even if I didn't give you a shout out on the blog.

    Let's do gumbo. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am copying this list and sharing it with my family. LOVE IT! SO thrilled for you...so can't wait for baby to come. Sounds like your heart is filled with so much gratitude and love right now. This is just what the world needs, too!

    Love, love where you are at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful for your wonderful example!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful to know you!! Your posts are always a spiritual lift! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!