Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So Little Time....

There have been so many things I've wanted to post about lately. They've all taken a backseat to some apparent nesting. I've been determined to spend my evenings cooking, cleaning, and grocery shopping-three things I don't particularly care for.

A few quick updates:

Ted and I are going to the lake this weekend! He's booked a cabin and we are going to spend the whole weekend relaxing and enjoying being "just the two of us". I'm so excited. He spent over an hour tonight labeling milk jugs that will be used to catch catfish. He even noted how long each line is (8 ft, 10 ft, etc). My guess is because he's going to want to know how far down the fish was that he catches. For no reason other than to satisfy his own curiosity. He's. so. cute. And I think that means he's exciting too.

We had a doctor's appointment today-27 weeks. I'm measuring two weeks ahead, which didn't surprise me because I feel huge for just starting my third trimester. I've gained..........28 pounds. I've now passed up the pound-a-week mark. :) I have to get my RhoGam shot at our next appointment.

I've been doing prenatal yoga and really like it. I'm helping my body "bring life giving oxygen to my baby". Hehe.

I'm pumped that Nancy Pelosi will no longer be holding a gavel.

Anything else?? I'm sure, but I'm gonna go clean the kitchen...

9 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well and baby is growing! Have fun on your trip!!!! Sounds absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you and baby are doing so well!

    Is the RhoGam Shot because you are Rh neg. or is that something else? My Nana was Rh neg. before they really knew much about that. My doc said it can be genetic so I'm thinking I may end up with that shot too. I tend to take after my Nana health wise.

    Isn't nesting such an interesting thing. I've been feeling it big time lately! I have done some crazy things in my house this week! I think my husband is wondering what has happened to his wife. :) I'm not exactly known for my cleaning abilities. I have even made a spreadsheet of things that need to be done every day to keep up with the house so it doesn't get away from me again. I'm not sure who I am anymore. :)

    Have fun on you little get away! Ted is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ALSO very excited that Nancy Pelosi is outta there! :) I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you're already 27 weeks...how amazing!

    Enjoy your weekend with just your husband! I could go for one of those right about now! Oh life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I'm nesting too! There is no safe place in my home for dirt or junk. I will root you out and purge you if it's the last thing I do! HA! Even my kids are scared for their "stuff." I did have to buy maternity clothes though. Sigh. I was trying to squeak by but it's getting COLD and I can't live in t-shirts all winter. It's a great idea to spend these last few months with hubs having fun. I remember those times so very fondly now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for the trip! How special. Time away together...you sound great!!!!

    Oh, those fun RhoGam Shots...I have had so many that my doctors allow me to give them to me myself now, just have to give them the little receipt that comes with it to prove it was done.

    My baby came out RH POSITIVE (she got her daddy's + ) So, YEAHHH....she will NOT have to take them in the future!

    Now, I just hope she doesn't get PCOS from me.

    Keep us posted. You sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip! I've just been following your blog lately, I'm so happy for you!

    I don't know if this is good blog etiquette or not, since this is the first time I am commenting (if it isn't please please tell me so I don't make the same mistake twice!) but I just started a blog. It is slowly slowly taking shape since I don't have a lot of time to update. Anyway, I just wrote a post about being a Catholic Woman, an was wondering what you thought about it, if you wouldn't mind checking it out? If you don't have time, or this is rude to ask, I totally understand.

    Here is the link in case you are interested:
    http://thealluringworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/but-i-dont-feel-like-second-class.html

    Anyway, this is longer than I intended. I hope you have a great trip!! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kayla-not rude at all! I probably would have checked out your blog anyway-but now I'll be sure to comment! Welcome aboard!

    Karen-I have to get it because my blood type is Rh negative and Ted's is Rh positive. I don't think genetics really matter-you just need to know your blood type. You will only need to get it if you're negative and Kevin is positive. If you're positive-you don't need it! And if you're both negative-you don't need it!

    For anyone else who is curious-I have to get it because if the baby's blood type is Rh positive I will develop antibodies to that and my body will reject any future Rh positive children. Definitely NOT something I'm ok with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your belly was bigger than the woman sitting next to you today at the LLL meeting and she is on #3. You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!