Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Poor Man's Water Table

I've been wanting a water table for Hannah, but buying one was just out the question. Even buying the materials to make one wasn't an option after we just spent money on materials to build her the Learning Tower. So I set out to make one for....free.  Here are step by step instructions.

Step 1: Relocate your husband's "garden" to the railing of the deck. Clean out old storage tub.


Step 2: Dump everything out of a crate in the back of a closet. (no picture for this step-as you can imagine, it was far too messy)

Step 3: Tape the heck out of em.


Step 4: Flip it over and fill it with water.


Step 5: Get wet


and have fun!


I could rename this blog "How to do stuff without spending a penny". I'm getting pretty darn good at it.

8 comments:

  1. Very creative (and free!)...gotta love it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlin, I totally did this before my in-laws bought the kids a water table for the summer. It was so easy and when we didn't use it for water, I turned it into a sensory box with rice or beans etc. I got the idea from Beth's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is the kind of water table that I could make! I am not handy enough to make the one that All You Who Hope made for her kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang... you are amazing!! :) Well done!! Plus, once she looses interest, the pieces go back to being used for storage. Win, win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had our own version of a poor man's water table. And, I let Toddler Ann play with it INSIDE on our cut to order (cough, cheap remnant rugs) all the time. I find water relaxes them like nothing else.

    LOVE WATER PLAY! She is havin' a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative!!!! Oh, and guess who has that same outfit? :) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!