-1-
We have our winners! Colleen met her goal (exceeded it actually!) and gets to share her CD with hundreds of backers. I get to share her music with three lovely ladies who won the giveaway!
Email me (morelikemary at gmail...) to let me know which of the three CDs you want!
-2-
Iced coffee....hint of vanilla extract......thick cream from the top of a can of coconut milk.....Tupelo honey....mmmm
-3-
We have a wonderful Farmer's Market a few miles from us that sets up every Saturday morning. Everything is so fresh and so much cheaper than the grocery store. The problem is that I rarely need vegetables on Saturdays. It seems I always need them midweek and can't seem to adjust my planning to make it work. I end up buying expensive stuff from the store because I need right.this.minute. I just so happened to be driving by the market's location yesterday afternoon and what would know? It's open on Tuesdays and Thursdays too! So I bought the red pepper I needed to make the most delicious salsa you've ever had AND gave into the impulse buy of two pounds of blueberries. Win.
-4-
Butter. I ate it. For over a week now.
And Hannah has no apparent tummy troubles or rash!
Oh my how I hope this means she is getting over her intolerance! I'm trying to take it slow-but really I just want to eat it with a spoon. In all it's grass-fed, naturally creamy goodness. I melted some and poured it over my popcorn. Goodness-I had forgotten how good popcorn really was. I can never go back to dry. Never I tell you!
-5-
All of my quick takes are about food. Food consumes a very large portion of my mental and physical energy. Completely exhausting and unbelievably satisfying.
-6-
Hannah has turned into a climber. She can scale her learning tower, the computer chair, the kitchen chairs, and the couch in two seconds flat. Which wouldn't be much of a problem if the learning town didn't lead to the counter and the kitchen chair didn't lead to the table....
So long being able to leave the room to pee. It was nice knowing ya.
-7-
I saw this on Pinterest last night. Toy rotation boxes. The basic idea is you separate your toys into plastic tubs that are stored out of sight and out of reach. Each day you take down a tub and play with just those toys for the day. At night-you just throw the toys back into the tub and store it with the others.
I think this might solve a lot of toy issues. Too many toys to focus on the ones she really likes. The house never really looking clean because there are toys in every single corner. Boredom from seeing the same toys day after day. It would also be an easier way for her to learn how to clean up-throwing things in a tub is a lot easier than putting them on a shelf.
I think I'm going to give it a try. But will probably use plastic bags at first so I don't have to spend the money on the tubs. Does anyone else have some sort of similar system?
Whoop! So excited!!! :) Now to decide which cd I want! :-/ ahh this is hard. I'll try to decide today ;)
ReplyDeleteI planned on doing a "system" like that with Elise's toys, although I'm hoping she won't have that many (ok, everyone laugh at me now)... just an fyi -There are little shoe-box sized bins at wal.mar.t for 96 cents apiece. :)
Mmmmm butter! I've been waiting to see if Veronica has any food sensitivities since most kids do, but I haven't noticed anything yet (knock on wood). Derrick and I love to make popcorn on the stove in coconut oil and then pour lots of butter and sea salt on top...I could eat it every night!
ReplyDeleteThat learning tower is so cool. I have been interested in the Montessori method and have been reading about toys/activities from websites/blogs online. I've seen a learning tower on some of those sites. Where did you get it? Did you make it?
The Montessori method talks about rotating toys and only having a few out at a time...a good spot is on a low shelf in baskets.
I love farmers markets!
In your other post you mentioned eating bacon and zucchini for dinner. I often just make bacon and some mashed sweet potatoes for dinner and I always think "I bet no one else does this for a meal." :)
Ok this is a long comment so that's all for now!
I need everyone to put a "FOOD" warning in the title of any post that's going to make me drool. Because, like....have you no mercy on the hippo shaped pregnant woman who's trying not to gain anymore weight before D-day??????????????
ReplyDeleteI really like the toy tubs idea. A family that I babysat for did the same thing, only they rotated about once a quarter or so. It's something I hope to implement once we have children.
ReplyDeleteI love the toy rotation idea and can't wait to start it. We have an insane amount of toys in this house and just as you said, our living room never looks clean because there are toys everywhere.
ReplyDeleteMy SIL bought me the book "Simplicity Parenting" by Payne for my birthday and I can't wait to read it.
Love fresh popped popcorn with a bit of butter and garlic salt. Yum! Might have to make that tonight.
I like the toy rotation idea! May have to give that a try when C is older.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete1. Oh oh oh, that's me! I won! I'm so excited!! I just sent you my email request :)
ReplyDelete3. I'm so jealous of your awesome farmer's market! There used to be one down the road from me but they moved to Lake St Louis and I don't really want to go that far on a Saturday morning. There's supposed to be a new one opening up that's closer so I'm really hoping it's good!
4. Yay for dairy! Are you getting your butter from a farmer or from the store? And if you tell me you're making it yourself, I am booking a flight to Florida to make you teach me all the cool real food stuff you've learned. And so I can just hang out with you in real life.
6. Miriam's climbing, too. But more importantly, what is that learning tower and why haven't I heard of it? Can she stand at the counter and watch and "help" while you cook?! I NEED THAT!
7. We try to keep very few toys around the house, but I think that sounds like a great idea if you have more! Miriam never seems that interested in playing with them, but maybe it's because, as you note, she sees the same ones day after day. Hm.
Erin and That Married Couple-ya'll really need to be best friends. And both of you should move to Florida to hang out with me.
ReplyDeleteKerrygold butter from the store. Havent sought a farmer on that one yet-butter is so new to me! I'm learning it all over again!
Yes-everyone needs the learning tower!! You can buy them but they cost a fortune. We made ours for about 40 bucks. The idea is that she "helps" me in the kitchen, but really she just grabs things off the counter and throws them....
Here's the link:http://ana-white.com/2010/12/helping-tower.html
YEA FOR BUTTER!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the climber!!!!
WE rotate on a monthly basis. That's all I can handle! It works GREAT!