Friday, June 15, 2012

Quick Takes


-1-
Hannah was super tired all day. By 6:30 she was overtired and needed to go to bed. As I was nursing her to sleep I thought, "I'm going to have so much time to myself this evening!" and I proceeded to write out my entire quick takes in my head and dreamed about eating popcorn. Two screaming fits, a bath, and reading books for 2+ hours later.....I can't remember anything. So here is the stripped down, shortened version of whatever genius quips I had in my head two hours ago.

-2-
I got stung by a bee. It hurt. For 12 hours. Now it itches. And the damn bee made me leave my shirt at the pool and it's not in lost and found. Stupid bee.

-3-
I made homemade popsicles! And we can't get them out of the holders......

-4-
I treated myself to a Butterfinger Blizzard from DQ today. Delicious. And expensive! Wow. They call that a small? I could have eaten five of them.

-5-
Since I'm talking about treating myself, did you read my post about how I'm not generous?  Well the post isn't anything special but the comments are amazing! Some pretty smart ladies are reading this blog. Check them out.

-6-
I had something funny for #6. I swear I did.....

-7-
I quit.

Popcorn.

5 comments:

  1. This so makes me smile. Hilarious, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you dip the bottom of the popsicle holders into hot water they should come out pretty easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say that, too, Andrea. Try hot water!


    It's always the nights when I have a carefully laid plan for after the kids go to bed that something unusual happens, and I get no time instead of extra time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of bees! But ice cream? Now that's good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!