Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pictures and One Liners

Ok, they're not all going to be one-liners. Because I'm wordy and can't help myself. But the last two weeks have been a whirlwind deserving of a post. And I can't watch election coverage without a distraction to keep me calm....

Grandpa John came to visit and built us a screened-in porch.

Hannah helped.


And watched.


Hannah was a monkey for Halloween.


Her first trunk-or-treat was a smashing success. I even gave in and let her eat a sucker.



We made garden green beans. Sauteed with onion, bacon, an ostrich, and a few dinosaurs.


Hannah and Daddy finished up the porch after Grandpa left.


She kissed the "boo boos" that she caused with the hammer.


We carved pumpkins. I was pretty proud of the one on the left-a squirrel had eaten a huge chunk out of it so I had to get creative.


On Halloween, we went to a second trunk-or-treat with some friends, came back and stuffed ourselves with homemade baked potato soup, passed out candy to cute little kids, not-so-cute big kids, and even two adults with Walmart bags.

Then Ted and I spent the evening sitting in our new porch, eating pumpkin bars, sipping pumpkin spice coffee, and relaxing by the light of our little girl's hands and feet.


Hannah continued to use her new carpentry skills to make some improvements around the house.


We celebrated All Saints Day by voting early, going to Mass, and getting her St. Rose Duchesne doll blessed.


Then it was off to Mississippi to visit some friends and cheer on the Bulldogs.



"Hannah, that's a little too much cowbell."


"Ok, definitely too much cowbell."


Ted maintained his cornhole winning streak. Hannah dumped everyone's drinks all over her dress.


We got to meet a sweet baby and Hannah was smitten.


We managed to survive the weekend despite 16 hours in a car, changing time zones, AND dealing with daylight savings time.

The next two week won't be quite as eventful. To be certain, lots of time will be spent on our back porch. We'll go back to missing family and friends instead of hanging out with them. We'll continue to eat pumpkin in everything. And we'll just try to enjoy this simple little life we're living,

7 comments:

  1. We were supposed to go to Starkville this weekend too but Luke was sick! I hate we missed y'all!!! You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post! Sweet pics of Hannah! She is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great seeing you! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like such a broken record when I comment over here, but I have to say it again anyway. She is so stinking cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Bonnie and have been reading for a while and maybe commented once or twice. First of all, I am pretty partial to my daughter thinking she's just so adorable (of course), but I must say your daughter is CA-UTE! Second of all, I noticed your camera strap (I know, weird, right?) and was wondering if you could tell me where you got it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda! I got it on etsy and can't remember the exact seller. I think it had the name Rosie in it?? I ordered it extra wide and I'm glad I did because I use it to wrap around the lens and keep it extra protected in the case. There are tons of cute ones on etsy! It was hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your response! I have been looking on Etsy and can NOT make a decision - so many cute ones! Was hoping if I just copied off of you that would make the decision for me. hahaha Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!