Tuesday, April 30, 2013

No More Mommy Wars Guest Post

Every once in a while I write some pretty controversial stuff on ye olde blog. Three of my all-time most read posts are about religion, politics, and natural birth. But nothing is as controversial as the guest post I wrote for Sarah today.

That's right. I wrote about babies and SLEEP!

Go read it and feel a little bit better about yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. A few weeks ago a friend posted a meme on Facebook with the idea that most of our unhappiness comes from comparing ourselves to others. I found so much peace from that one little statement. It is better to do what works for your family and not what others tell you that you "should" be doing. God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hail from the cry it out camp and that doesn't come with any judgment on others or pride on my part. I feel like we've been blessed with a ridiculously easy sleeper regardless of our method. However [big however], I do start thinking critically of parents who complain over and over again about running on little sleep when they have kids old enough that they really could develop some boundaries with. That's my two cents. I enjoyed your piece ... as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!!! I too felt so judged no matter what method I went with. Mommy wars have been driving me nuts lately. Why do we have to box ourselves into a category anyway? Why can't we just take whatever we need for each child? I really don't like labels. Unfortunately, I think the ease of access we have to information now has caused us to ignore the instincts God gave us in a lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen her in a week and I feel like I've missed so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!