Good things that happened today despite the epic meltdown that occurred last night (after I wrote the post for the day):
1. Work wasn't awful. It wasn't great-but it wasn't awful.
2. Ted surprised me by sticking a bag of chocolate chips in my lunch box. He often writes notes on my napkin for me to read at lunch time, but this was an extra surprise! I bragged to all the ladies in my office about how wonderful he is. Part of his note today said "I'm madly in love with you." I'm so blessed.
3. This has been one of the most PAINLESS periods of my life. Dr. G. does good work. I required only a couple of doses of Tyl.enol and Ibeup.rofen. Let's hope that's here to stay! (Actually, let's hope this is the last one for a long, long while! I'll go out on a good note!)
4. I got to see one of my favorite kids (ok-definitely the favorite) at work today. I only work with him on Fridays and I look forward to it all week. He's three years old, has Down's Syndrome, and is Hispanic. His family speaks very little English and I love getting to practice my Spanish skills ("Punta la pelota. Sienta te. No boca! Esta bien!"). He shot me this look today that melted my heart. To the core. His smile makes my entire job worth while.
5. I got to talk to my sister on the phone and got the great news that she passed her major nursing test! Not only that, but she scored in the 96th percentile! She is going to be such an amazing nurse when she graduates in May. She's so convicted to practice in a way that is in line with the Church and already has a job at a Catholic hospital! It's been a huge blessing to be able to call her and ask her all sorts of questions with my surgery and all its complications. I've been secretly praying that she'll soon discover the wonderful world of NaPro...
6. This didn't happen today-but I want to give a shout out to my other sister, who recently interviewed for a FULL RIDE scholarship at the college that I went to! She won't find out if she got it for a few weeks, but she did great in the interview regardless.
7. The weather is beautiful. Finally reached 60 degrees and is just gorgeous out. We're going to a bonfire tonight with some of Ted's fellow "fish squeezers". I love being a Mississippi hick!
So yes, I woke up this morning and put yesterday behind me. That's all I can do. It will get better tomorrow and the day after that.
Yay for a good day! Keep 'em comin'!
ReplyDeleteCan you email me...
ReplyDeleteYay for no pain!!! :)
Life is good, but sometimes we really do have to take it just a day at a time and cling to those gifts of goodness we might not notice if we where to choose to feel overwhelmed. Thanks for the reminder. I needed it in my own way too!
ReplyDeleteYeah for almost painless periods!!!!!! I can totally identify with that one. I hope you have a great rest of the weekend and God Bless!
ReplyDeleteYay for good days and not too much pain! I too have a child at work who just melts my heart. He's an 11 year old boy with Autism and a very severe speech delay. I do get to see him everyday but when he has one of his "good days" (read: not trying to punch or bite me) he just makes me smile. He can be so sweet and loving. Just makes my heart flutter.
ReplyDeletethanks for commenting on my new blog, i feel much better after this 3rd m/c finding people who share certain aspects of my pain and frustration...the previous ones have been so lonely. i am learning so much from all of you about the cross of infertility, i just hope i can have the faith you all have, because mine definitely is hurting lately after this 3rd loss. i am in such emotional pain, obviously, but also in pain b/c i am having such a hard time in prayer and being with God. i know this will pass, and i wish it would pass sooner than later. so, thanks for your blog and letting me know more about you and others who are suffering and dealing and living and loving thru this sickness of infertility....
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing... and welcome to the blog world. I'll keep you both in my prayers! And nice to meet you... I'm Jenny. We have a few blog friends in common!
ReplyDeleteYOU are one of my favorite kids... with big beautiful big brown eyes that melt my heart "to the core" and, believe me, your smile makes everything worth while for me. I'm praying the Rosary for you and Ted DAILY, plus asking for intercessions from your Grandma Rose, who is in Heaven right now saying "I love you Kiddo"
ReplyDelete