It's true. I really miss my husband on Mondays. We had the whole weekend to hang out, sleep in, and just relax together-but it always ends too soon. We always have the work week ahead of us. Monday mornings are the worst. Just five more minutes cuddling next to him in bed. Just one more hug before I leave the house. Just another text to tell him I love him and ask him how his day is going. It's never quite enough.
I really miss him on Mondays.
And that got me thinking. I need to try to focus more on the positive aspects of my life. It's so easy to blog about how much cycle day 1 hurts, but I rarely think to blog about how great I really do have it. So this post is dedicated to bragging about the good things I have in life. I hesitated writing this out of fear that I might upset someone. (people that aren't yet married, someone in a bad relationship, etc) but I know that I can't be all things to all people. I have to be honest with myself (and my blog) and that involves rejoicing in the wonderful things God has given me.
The most wonderful of all is, of course, my husband Ted. I'll try to keep this short because I could go on and on. I know we've been married for less than two years, but we've dated for five. Some people would say we're still newlyweds-but that doesn't change the fact that I'm head over heels in love with the guy. I can't snuggle close enough to him in bed at night. I can't take my eyes off him when he's sitting across the room. I can't hug him tight enough. I can't ever find a good enough way to express how much I love him. Some pessimistic people have told me that this will fade, that it won't always be this way. And while this may be true, it doesn't have to be. I've known many couples that are crazy in love well into the later years of marriage. My parents are a great example of this-they're going on 27 years! He may not leave me notes in my lunch box forever. I may not always rush the door as soon as I hear his truck pull up. But something inside of me says that if we no longer do these things, it'll be because we've found an even better way to express our love for each other. I wasn't given the gift of a child, but the gift of a wonderful husband is a true blessing. I don't care if we make other people sick, smiling this much feels amazing!
Other things I'm thankful for: a job despite the bad economy, good health (with the exception of IF), a great doctor, wonderful parents, my blogger friends who help out me so much, my wonderful friends back home, the fact that we moved to a small town in MS and met AMAZING Catholic friends who I feel like I've known my whole life, great sisters and in-laws, a nice apartment, money for groceries, my Master's, and the fact that I still have hope that we'll someday have a baby.
Kaitlin, this is so sweet, and it just makes me smile from ear to ear! So many people are cynical about marriage, and yet you and Ted are proof that marriage can truly be the source of so much grace and joy! What a beautiful testament to the Sacrament!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing it. If we only heard about the bad marriages and problems, we would all want to go jump off a cliff!
Mondays are the worst for us, too, and we tend to inundate each other with “miss you” emails and text messages.
ReplyDeleteI’ve been married for 8 years and still feel that way. I hope it continues. I told my husband once that I get so mad that there aren’t more words in the language to express how I feel about him. I think I’ve used them all to death, but I guess that is why God gave us actions, too.
Ah Kaitlin...this is a great post! Makes me smile on a Tuesday morning. God Bless you and you Ted!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin this is just great! My husband and I are the same way. It makes me feel sad when people say it will change eventually. Not because I think it will but because I think these people are speaking from experience.
ReplyDeleteIt is so true that it is very easy to get caught up in the negatives in life. The stress of IF can be very overwhelming. I think it's good for the soul to step back and thank God for all of our blessings.
What a gem you have in Ted! It seems like so many of us can't produce children (yet!) But have amazing hubbies :) definitely cause for thanks.
ReplyDeleteAllie, so true! We have amazing husbands! But I must say I LOVE MONDAYS!!!! hahahahaha NOt in a bad way! I love having my "office" back! I'm selfish, I would love him home all the time but I enjoy being alone all day....Around 3pm is when I get that I'm about to come unglued if you don't get home! hahahaha
ReplyDeleteIt was wonderful to read this post. So happy that you and Ted are so in love! You both have self-giving love that is modeled after God's love!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin, I see that in you and Ted! And, no, it doesn't fade. After nearly seven years, I still hate Mondays, and I still get excited when Dan gets home from work. I thank God for the wonderful husbands he has blessed us with, who daily lead us closer to Heaven!
ReplyDeleteWe've been married 10 years and still miss each other all the time! You guys have such a beautiful marriage, even from the little I know of you. God bless you both!!!
ReplyDeletelove it! we've been married 9 1/2 years and we are still the same! one of our greatest compliments was from a single friend a few weeks ago who told us we still acted like newlyweds, and knowing us restored her hope in marriage.
ReplyDeleteit doesn't fade :)
I love this post! I've wondered before if I am the only one who feels sad on Monday when we have to "go back to the real world" instead of our weekend world of hanging out. Glad to know I'm not alone! :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!!!! We were told that our "honeymoon phase" would pass too but nope! I think our love grows deeper and richer :)
ReplyDeleteYes, the Lord has truly blessed us with wonderful husbands.
God bless you guys!
The world needs more of this. It always makes me happy when other people share their blessings. It's a way we can empirically see God's hands at work.
ReplyDeleteI hope we aren't one of the pessimistic couples that said it might fade... we were only kidding!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. How sweet.
ReplyDeleteYes, isn't it funny when people tell you that it will fade? It just makes me more determined to make the "honeymoon phase" last forever! Good for you for rejoicing in this post!
ReplyDelete