Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Our Weekend in New Orleans

This is just a quick (hopefully!) post to brag about all the fun Ted and I had in New Orleans last weekend. It was wonderful to get away, just the two of us, and just relax.

We ate lunch at a cute little restaurant in the French Quarter. Up on the balcony-that was pretty exciting.


Ted awaiting his shrimp po-boy.


Me awaiting my red beans and rice.

We spent all day Saturday just walking around New Orleans and taking it all in. There's so much to look at-but we're pretty cheap so looking is all we did! We amused ourselves by pronouning every French word we saw phonetically and with a very southern, hick accent. We only got lost once! And our hotel was so fancy that they held the door open for us every time we came or left.


The two of us at Jackson Square.


Enjoying some drinks and another wonderful meal of jambalaya and a crawfish boudin po-boy.


We ended the night with beignets from Cafe Du Monde. Delicious!

Sunday we went to a Latin Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral (post about my mantilla experience soon!) Then we spent HOURS exploring the WWII museum. It was very interesting, very informative. We both really enjoyed it!


Us at the entrance to the museum.

If this was Ted's blog-he'd end this post with some ridiculously embarrassing videos of me sleeping in the car on the way home. (lots of head bobbing and catching flies). But it's my blog and I'm not going to subject myself to that kind of humiliation.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip! Thanks babe!

14 comments:

  1. y'all are so cute! i love new orleans....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh you are so stinking cute! You scream SLP!! I love it.
    And I also adore the height difference between you and your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally vote you the cutest couple in Blogland. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great trip! Umm... don't be surprised if Snicks starts calling you in anticipation of the children you WILL have someday - Ted's height is kind of a commodity in the basketball world (and I am sure you'd make a great guard).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute on your tip toes!!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are just too stinkin' cute! I'm with Leila, I'm voting you cutest couple in blogland. I'm glad you had a nice trip. I think Ted and my dh have something in common. Kevin likes to video me sleeping in the car...fly catching, head bobs and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! You guys look so cute! I can't stay awake in the car at night, very embarrassing! lol, I am out like a light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! love the pictures! Glad you enjoyed our cajun food and I would have loved to hear your guys murder the french words....... Nothing down here is pronounced the way it looks.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics! Glad you had a great weekend! I love seeing the "inside" life of bloggers (not that we already don't know your most personal info that there is!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are super cute. Glad you had a fun trip. I haven't been to NO in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I second everyone else's comments. Can you guys get whiter teeth?! They are so white!

    Oh, and nice dress by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so welcome! Thank you too! You should really post a car-nap video, everyone would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it's so nice that you two got a chance to take a little trip alone! We went to New Orleans on our honeymoon - amazing city!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!