this Saturday when my cousin Jason is ordained!!! I've been friends with Jason since I was a sophomore and he was a senior in high school. I remember the days before he was even accepted into the seminary. I remember hearing about his first years at Kenrick-Glennon and how awesome they were. I remember when he told me the big secret-that they were sending him to Rome to finish his studies! I remember the first time I saw him when he came back from Rome a deacon and he gave me and Ted a blessing. And now, I'll get to witness his ordination to the priesthood. God is so so good.
Please keep Deacon Jason in your prayers this week. He is such a beautiful soul, on fire with love for the Church and his Blessed Mother, faithful to the Magisterium, and as dynamic a personality as they come. I cannot wait to have him hear my confession and maybe even baptize my babies some day...
We're heading out of town to go up to St. Louis for the ordination extravaganza (seriously-it's a three day event-bigger than our wedding! But of course our wedding wasn't nine years in the making!) I'll be away from Blog World for the next week or so. But when I return, the world and the Church will be a better place with a new holy priest added to her ranks.
Praise God!
Praise God! I love hearing about men getting ordained!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I have been meaning to ask you what was bringing you back to MO. I will be praying for safe travels for you. I know the trip will be an extra special one!
ReplyDeleteYou are so precious. Have a great time with the friends & fam this weekend! :) Our time to chat at the shower was too short. Maybe I'll get to make a trip to MS this summer before I find a job (that is, if you are ever home for a weekend). We can go garage sale-ing. I love a good bargain.
ReplyDeleteYAY!! I love this!!!! God bless him!
ReplyDeleteYay! This is so exciting! Praise the Lord!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to him! What wonderful news! I hope you have a great trip!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! It it sure to be a wonderful trip. I love St Louis, it's such a nice city. I can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your cousin! Have a safe trip!
ReplyDeleteGreat post with great news! ;)
ReplyDeleteYay! Thanks be to God indeed!
ReplyDeleteYay! Have a great trip! We just had one of the Franciscan brothers from my hometown parish become a priest! I only got to see the pics and it was really neat to view the ceremony through pictures! :) Send our congrats to your cousin! :)
ReplyDelete