Friday, August 6, 2010

Bump Picture, New Job, and Butterfinger Blast

Bumpity Bump Bump

Due to popular demand, I present to you........


My 14 week belly!

I got a comment about it today from a woman who may or may not know I'm pregnant. I'm going with "didn't know" so I can pretend I'm already showing to people who don't know! Even though I've said it in previous pictures, I am NOT arching my back! Every time we take these pictures it looks like I'm sticking it out-but I assure you that my butt is just that big and my back is just that curved.

Survival!!
I survived my first week at my new job! It was crazy, exciting, stressful, encouraging, and overall pretty good. I'm doing mostly the same thing I did in my previous job-which is to drive around to day cares and preschools to give 3-5 year olds speech and language therapy.  I'm also doing a lot of testing to qualify new kids for speech-language services. Most people complain about having to drive around so much and having to drag all their therapy supplies with them-but I love it! I love the flexibility. I love the change in scenery. And I love the time spent in my car decompressing. But I also love......the weekend!

Sonic-a-holic
Tonight, as we were finishing dinner (that Ted made by the way!), I turned to Ted and said, "I could really use some ice cream after this long week of work...." all but giving him the wink. "You think everything deserves Sonic!" he said. "What about my first week of work?" (which will start in a few weeks). "We'll go again for your first week!" I said.

And enlightening Ted on the ways of the world, I then said, "There are lots of good reasons to have a Butterfinger Blast Ted," and proceeded to ramble off said reasons.

He laughed and said that was good material for a blog post. He THEN said we could go to Sonic tonight IF I wrote a blog post that contained the reasons I told him, at least 9 more reasons, and made him laugh.  So, the following are situations that justify splurging on a delicious ice cream treat from Sonic:

You just finished your first week of a work at a new job! Yay!

You just finished your first week of a work back at an old job! Woo Hoo!

You're pregnant and Butterfinger is the only thing that won't make you sick. Necessary!

You're pregnant but finally over your 9 weeks of nausea! Yes!

Your husband just made you a nice dinner! Thanks!

Your husband made you a nice dinner that only consisted of ingredients you already had in the house, thus keeping you on budget for the month! Wow!

You had a BAD day. Boo!

You had a GREAT day! Alright!

You found five dollars in the wash. Awesome!

Sonic shakes are two-for-one! Perfect!

You're hot because the AC in your truck doesn't work. Whew!

You have three friends on facebook with birthdays today! Happy Birthday!

You got up early and made it to Mass before work! Good job!

You can actually go to Mass in the mornings because you no longer have a 35 minute commute! Praise God!

You just found out your sister is coming to visit you in a few weeks! Fun!

Your two year anniversary is only three days away! Praise God again!

You adjusted your online budget last week to automatically put Sonic in "entertainment" instead of the ridiculously high and out of control "groceries" category. Smart!

and...

You have a husband that loves you and laughs at your attempt to be funny!.......so do I get to go to Sonic now??

16 comments:

  1. Your husband laughed at your attempt to be funny! YAY!!! I approve, let's go dear, but I'll take the cookie dough blast you can keep your butterfinger blast to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Your bump is awesome! You're sooo cute! :)

    2) Love your reasoning for going to Sonic..you crack me up!

    3) Random, but I was writing this comment and I looked to the side and saw under your list of topics "pregnancy (22)" and it made me smile...I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! :) Thank you for making me laugh. haha
    So neat that you are a speech pathologist! My mom and sister are as well, and my sister is currently trying to choose between two job offers. :) She just finished her masters in May. I'm so glad that your first week at your job went well!
    Okay so do you use Mint.com? Just curious. I love online budgeting!
    My birthday is August 27th, feel free to use it as an excuse to get more sonic. haha
    And your bump is soo cute! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I'm glad you and Ted both like the name Lucy. We obviously also think it's a wonderful name, and it is always fun to meet other little Lucy's even though they are few and far between. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute post! We just got a Sonic up here in IL and we all think it's pretty weird, but good! On a sidenote, I almost ran over a roller skating server once! I had no idea they crossed over the drive thru lane!!! Anyway, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your bump are so cute! D and I stop at Sonic whenever we are taking long car trips (him for the caffeine). I'll probably get some on Saturday night or on Sunday (or maybe both if I can convince him that the baby really needs it).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear all is well with the pregnancy! And that the new job is going well too. Praise God for good news.

    My dh and I love ice cream a lot. We usually get D.Q. or Culv.ers. I'm trying to think if we've ever had Soni.c...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bump is the cutest, and your butt is not big!!

    I love, love, love how the husbands are getting so into the blogs, ha! So funny, great list! We have a Sonic within walking distance. For some reason I never go there, but my kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute bump!!! I hope the Sonic was tasty, you clearly earned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Y'all crack me up!!!! From a like-minded Sonic sista... I concur. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never appreciated sonic ice cream or slushies until pregnancy...I'm so addicted. So addicted. It is the best ice cream I've ever had! AAHHH!! Bananna Splits are the best ever. I can no longer have them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. You forgot one reason--You posted a cute bump picture on your blog today! Yay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this post is adorable and so is your baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your baby bump is so cute :)

    In the beginning of my pregnancy, after each appt I would go get a sonic ice cream cone! It got to the point that when I would call my hubbie to tell him the update for the appt he would ask me "Are you heading to Sonic now to get the BABY an ice cream cone?" hahaha

    I also went through a butterfinger fix for about a week but I can't remember when that happened during this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so darn cute pregnant!

    Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, so that just may be the cutest darn baby bump I have ever seen!

    I love your reasons for justifying a Sonic Blast! I now want one and am trying to explain to dh that I need one because I read about yours. He thinks that's a silly excuse but he's not the pregnant one is he? :) There's a Sonic across the street from church so I'm going to convince him to take me there after Mass this afternoon. It's been a tough weekend! I think I deserve one...no?

    Thanks for all the prayers this weekend! It appears that Sweet Pea and I are doing just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!