I'm not really ready for my second trimester to be over. It's been wonderful. No nausea. No backache. I get to eat a ton and can actually handle eating healthy food. My belly is noticed by everyone but not so big that it causes me discomfort. I've heard the second trimester is the "glorious trimester" and for me, it's been nothing but.
I've gained 20 pounds! That's an average of a pound a week every week since we found out we were pregnant! I just read a few nights ago that I should expect to start gaining a pound a week from here out out. Check! I've done that one already! I'm such an over-achiever.
The baby is still kicking like crazy. Sometimes the kicks are up near my belly button but most of the time they're REALLY low. Really, really low. I'm thankful that, for now, my lungs have been left in peace.
Yesterday was the first time that I got kicked so hard it hurt. I've had some uncomfortable kicks-but this one was actually painful. It actually felt bruised for hours after the kick. Ted was touching my belly when it happened so he can attest to its forcefulness. No more of that please, sweet baby. We don't particularly like soccer.
I bought some maternity tank tops and a new bra! I waited waaaaay too long. Why in the world did I not think that wearing a bra that fits was important enough to spend a whole ten dollars on a new one??
We only have one Bradley class left! I'm still reading a TON of books and doing my own research online. I'm starting to feel more prepared, but know we have a long way to go.
The current books on the coffee table include:
The Baby Book, Dr. Sears
The Birth Book, Dr. Sears
Nighttime Parenting, Dr. SearsThe Breastfeeding Book. Dr. Sears (can you tell I like Dr. Sears?)
The Birth Partner, Penny Simpkins (awesome, awesome book!)
Natural Childbirth-The Bradley Way, Susan McCutcheonThe Bradley Student Workbook
The Bradley Assistant Coaches ManuelBooks on my Amazon list (that won't stay there for long):
Birthing From Within, Pam England
The Vaccine Book, Dr. Sears
Exercise and relaxation practice is going great. Ted is a fantastic coach. Just amazing. I'm so blessed.
I want to start doing some prenatal yoga. Anyone have any good suggestions? Preferably something without all the weird stuff. Just the exercises.
I'm starting to get really worried about premature delivery. I had what seemed like hours of nightmares last night about about our baby girl being born at 16 weeks, getting put back inside my womb, then coming out again at 26 weeks and having all sorts of problems. (Alisha-she looked just like Charlotte. So pretty!) I'm actually worrying more now that the baby is nearing the point of viability that I was when the baby had no chance outside my womb. One of the kids I work with was born at 25 weeks. That's our baby in only 4 days. I know there is nothing I can do to keep this from happening (besides eating right and staying in shape-which I'm doing) so I'm trying to offer up my fears and let it go. It's not easy. Please stay put little baby.
I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions! I've actually been having them for weeks and had no idea. For weeks now, I've noticed that my stomach (I guess my uterus really) will suddenly get really hard and make me feel like I have to pee. Sometimes it goes away before I even make it to the bathroom. It happens 5-10 times a day. I thought it was the baby "rolling down onto my bladder" and had no idea it was a contraction. A girl in our Bradley class was asking the instructor about pre-labor contractions. She was trying to figure out if she was having them or not. I pridefully thought to myself, "I don't know how you could miss them-I know I'll be able to tell when I start having them." (yes-I'm a judgemental jerk.) But as soon as she started describing what she felt I said, "Wait-I've been feeling that too!" Our instructor said they were definitely contractions. I felt like such an idiot. And a jerk.
My belly button hasn't started to pop out yet. Ted and I are actually skeptical that it ever will. It kind of looks like it's tacked down from the past surgeries. Wouldn't that be awesome?? A very strange and unexpected perk of requiring two laparoscopies before conceiving!
You look totally adorable! I really like Dr. Sears' books as well. I am currently 30 weeks (due Christmas Eve!!!) and have been struggling with the fear of premature birth for awhile. I keep trying to offer it up and use it as an opportunity to grow in trusting in God, but it is definitely not easy! Prayers coming your way!
ReplyDeleteI am finally coming out of lurkerville to comment... ;)
You are too cute! Love the belly!
ReplyDeleteThat's the cutest bump I've ever seen!
ReplyDeleteLove this pic!
ReplyDeleteI would add a book on sleeping to your list, not that you don't have a full library! I like the No Cry Sleep Solution and Sleeping through the Night.
One way to prevent preterm labor is hydration, so at least we all have control over that. Preterm labor for the most part, though, is like you said-just one more thing you have to let go of and trust.
As far as belly button popping, I have about the iniest inny you ever saw and that thing is standing at attn right now. It is so funny, there is a little hood on the top that can be seen through my shirts. Lovely. Lol. I hope you are spared this...
One more thing, so glad you are appreciating the second trimester. I don't think I fully did. Third trimester isn't horrible, but it is uncomfortable to be so large (I gain at about the same rate you do), to go up and down stairs, to sleep etc. And those painful kicks have definitely become a regular occurrence in our house. That being said, it pretty crazy to know I am carrying a baby that is more than 5 lbs and 18 inches!
ReplyDeleteMy stretch marks appeared last week :(
ReplyDeleteI love Dr. Sears too! I LOVE the Vaccine Book!!! We use his alternative schedule, and have been so happy with it!
ReplyDeleteI second WR recommendation of The No Cry Sleep Solution! Great book!
You are in my prayers, and you look so cute!
Oh my!! U are just precious. So happy to hear u are doing so well. I'll keep that list of books in mind for future reading. I hope those dreams stay far away. Hugs
ReplyDeleteLoving the update! It took me too long to buy new bras, too, mostly because my friend told me she had to do so three times during her pregnancy (and then again when she was breastfeeding), and I was worried about spending too much money on a bra that would fit for such a short period of time! But I'm so glad I went ahead and got a few more. I did get one nursing bra that I'm wearing as well.
ReplyDeleteI hope you share your thoughts on vaccines after you read the Sears book!
Finally, my belly button (originally a very deep innie) is really shallow now and it's so weird! I don't know if it'll actually pop because it's not flat or anything, but it's like I have a huge lip around it that shows through my tighter shirts. Yikes!
You look really good!
I'll be praying that baby stays put. I think Charlotte's pretty, too, and if you have a girl, you have my permission that she can look like my little charditte - but I already told you, if it's a boy, he's gonna look like Ted!
ReplyDeleteI love the story about the Braxton-Hicks contractions in class, ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteYou are so adorable with that sweet baby bump! I'm sure baby will stay put till the right time! :)
LOVE the no cry sleep solution. I'm reading it now with Dominic being one month old and it's very helpful.
ReplyDeleteYour bump is THE CUTEST bump I've ever seen. Hands down! Soooo happy for you Kaitlin.
Very cute bump!
ReplyDeleteThis may be close but not quite ~ I got a 10 minute Prenatal Pilates DVD this last time and really enjoyed it, there are 6 workouts which you can combine for a longer workout.
Pregnancy is the time for scary, weird dreams. I used Holy Water to fight bad dreams during my latest pregnancy (I sprinkled some around my bedroom and drank a little bit) and it worked great. It helped me go back to a peaceful sleep.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it! No way!!!! That's amazing!
ReplyDeleteI like Abigial's tip about holy water! Fantastic!
I just ordered Dr. Sears The Baby Book and the Vaccine Book. I had no idea how much I'd lean towards Dr. Sears!!! I haven't read much, but I LOVED Happiest Baby on the Block. LOVE, LOVE, LOVED IT!!!! I highly recommend that one!
as you know, I think you are simply adorable.... BEAUTIFUL!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic! And enjoy the 2nd trimester before it gets too tough to turn over in bed in he 3rd trimester... I felt like a beached whale sometimes! And that's when you have to go pee at night the most... not fun! My belly button has never popped, with either. And I was stretch mark free with Clare until the week before she was born. I got about 2. Henry made up for it by giving me about 8 more. I wanted the linea negra because my best friend had it and I thought it was such a cool thing. I think I'm too pale, maybe??
ReplyDeleteAwww, you are so stinking cute! It sounds like everything is going well, too. Keep working on the doctor... you'll win him over. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, isn't that 2nd trimester glorious! I loved it too! Heck, I loved the whole thing. What a great and beautiful experience - to be a woman!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! I pray all continues to go well with baby girl. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're the cutest pregnant woman ever! All baby!
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute! I'm glad your second trimester is going well. I am on Bra #4 (cheap bras from Target) and I'm only 16 weeks; I can't believe you made it to 24 weeks without getting a new bra.
ReplyDeletenice collection of books there!! I love all of them.
ReplyDelete