Monday, February 6, 2012

National Marriage Week

Did you know that National Marriage Week is coming up? February 7-14. Starting on Hannah's birthday and ending on Valentine's Day!

Well now you know-so what are you going to do about it???

I'm going to attend my first Mothers as Preschoolers meeting and hear a talk from a marriage therapist about "keeping romance alive after children."

I'm going to post lots of Why I Love My Husband posts that week.

I'm going to make his favorite dinner.

I'm going to find out what his favorite dinner is.....

I'm going to dig some of the silky little numbers that I got from my bachelorette party out from the back of the closet. (Did I just say that on a blog that my grandma and perhaps some seminarians read? Why yes I did.)

I'm going to celebrate my girl's first birthday (but that's just a coincidence).

I'm going to spend some time reading Betty Beguiles and her awesome tips and reflections on marriage and romance.

I'm going to pray for my husband, for my sisters' future husbands, for Baby Leo Hannah's (potential) future husband, for my friends' marriages, for single friend's who want to be married, and for a strengthening of all marriages in our country.

And I'm going to try my best to be more patient, more loving, more giving, and more affectionate. Not just this week but every day of our marriage.

But first, I'm going to hack into his email account (which is subscribed to my blog) and delete the email alerting him to this new post so I can have the element of surprise.

What are YOU going to do for National Marriage Week?

16 comments:

  1. I love the idea of National Marriage Week! But, I have to ask.... is it marriage in the traditional understanding of the word? Due to a family member's misunderstanding of the word, I have to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about it on Catholic radio-so I'm pretty sure it is! Check out the website though too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, thanks. I did look at the website, but didn't see see anything on same-sex marriage in either direction. I don't know if they are being intentionally vague or not - that is what made me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Kaitlin!

    Let's see... I may look for some of those 'little numbers' myself! ;)

    Fantastic dinners will also figure into the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I like this too! Since I'm in the throws of postpartum, no silky numbers over here though! Probably no special dinners either. But I can pray and sacrifice and write a post about my beloved. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thanks for the ideas - time to kick things up a notch around here, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I will do a bunch of those things too. Except, I will probably leave the slinky numbers in the closet. I tried one on a few weeks ago and it was downright laughable. :)

    And I'm also going to pray for the institution of marriage in general...there are so many attacks on it these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Sounds like a busy week. I'll have to think of something good for my husband. One thing I know I will be doing is visiting my sister and meeting my niece. I'll give my sister and her husband some time to celebrate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I'll find out what his favorite dinner is first! LOL Seriously, so funny! I would have to do the same thing! :) LOL

    LOL@ Hebrews....!!!

    I'll implement some things.... ;) He will wonder what is wrong with me!!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I'm going to join in and show K how much I appreciate him. I feel like I've been doing nothing but adding to his to do list and barking orders lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this list! Totally need to do these!
    You should bring Hannah to meet her future husband and Isabella and Hannah can fight it out over Leo! I put money on my 30 lb girl! She has been obsessed with him since he was born!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Thank you for sharing. I was not aware of this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! Thanks for praying for all those who desire marriage and are waiting for that blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, love this! My Grandma reads my blog too;)

    Thanks for the heads up and good ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!