Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thoughts for Three Hundred

I was told by a friend today that this little blog has over 300 subscribers on Google Reader. Wait. What??? Three hundred? I currently have 156 followers and I thought that was a TON. I'm not sure what to make of this new information. Feeling very honored and humbled that 300 people actually care about what I have to say. Feeling like I better come up with something a little more insightful to keep 300 people caring about what I have to say. Feeling like I'd really rather just write whatever comes out of my mind and not care at all about what 300 people think.

This post is going to be the latter :)

How is Lent going for you? Mine is good so far. Carving out some daily time with my Bible. Practicing self-denial. Haven't made it to Adoration or Stations of the Cross yet. That's the goal for next week!

Some friends of ours from college stayed with us last night on their way back to Missouri after going to Disneyworld. They were married the same summer as Ted and I and now have two beautiful children. I actually grew up with Jen, she's my second cousin and we went to the same school growing up. We met her husband in college. I've met so many wonderful friends here in Florida. Amazing, strong, Catholic woman. And I have very dear friends back in Mississippi that I miss terribly. But there's just something comforting about hanging out with someone who really knows you. She knows my parents, my siblings, what my house looks like, everything about my high school and hometown. We used to play Game Show Host in her basement and go to Youth Group together. After living away from home for so long and having friends who know nothing about my childhood, it was really nice to spend an evening with her. So familiar. Being 12 hours from home, I think I needed that.

I'm continually being surprised by God at how incredibly Catholic this town is. I've met more awesome Catholic women in the last month than I knew in the three years we were in Mississippi. The resources here for Catholic families are just awesome. It's becoming very clear why God picked us up and moved us to Florida. I think he knew we needed a little kick in the pants and some really, really good examples of holy family life.

Hannah only woke up once last night. Once. Did you hear me? Once!

I had coffee with some of those awesome Catholic women tonight. My white chocolate latte made with almond milk was delicious. But I forgot to ask for de-caff. So I'm blogging until I get tired........

Speaking of almond milk-still dairy free. We've done some testing with bad results. If I eat a slice of cheese-eczema. Butter in some cake? Eczema. Raw goat's milk yogurt-even worse. Poor baby.

Ground beef costs over four dollars a pound here. Am I the only one who finds that absolutely unacceptable? Surely, out of 300 people, someone will give me an Amen on that one.

11 comments:

  1. So I've been reading your blog for awhile but haven't really commented ( yes, I'm a stalker... ;) ) but your mention of talking to someone who really knows you totally resonated with me. My friend and I were just talking about that same thing a couple of days ago esp. since we live across the country from each other and miss hanging out with people who truly KNOW you, your background and your family, no explanation needed. It is truly a blessing whenever i get the chance to see friends like that!
    Anyway, I've been meaning to start blogging for awhile but keep dragging my feet....instead I stalk all the Catholic blogs... Haha
    Ps the cost of ground beef is wicked insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My farmer sells it for $3.25 a pound. :) I get a pound and 1/2 for $4. something! ;) Not rubbing it in! :)

    Chicken still comes in cheaper at $2 a pound!

    Girl you have to make the chicken wrapped in bacon that I pinned! It was so freaking good!! You will love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That ground beef is expensive! I am a Google Reader follower of yours. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!!! Meat is so expensive. About a month ago I got 40lbs of ground beef for $2 something a pound at a co-op. we vacuum sealed it and froze it so it would last. I'm hoping to find something like that again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dairy shows up at eczema? I thought Theodore's might be allergy (dairy) related, but I have a few people tell me that dairy allergies don't show up as skin allergies... I feel like I read this on a few different websites, too. I might have to try (again) to give up dairy... It's SO HARD though!! Whine, whine, whine, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh? Also? $4 a pound for ground beef?!?! Ridiculous!! We pay about $2.50ish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Up here in farm country, we can get ground beef under $3/lb. but I would rather have sunshine and warm winters!

    Yeah for Hannah "almost" sleeping through the night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that DOES sound expensive for ground beef!! Move to Nebraska, it's way cheaper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you know how many google readers you have? How do you figure that out?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!