Friday, November 30, 2012

Quickity Quick Takes

-1-
This has been a busy week! Two of my favorite blogger friends and their kiddos came to visit Monday-Wednesday. And another blogger is stopping by with her family tomorrow! Expect a re-cap post complete with pictures sometime when I get up enough energy.

-2-
I am so ready for Advent! It seems like it's taken forever to get here this year. Almost like there was an extra week squeezed in between Thanksgiving and Advent that really didn't need to be there.

-3-
Check out Bonnie's Advent series starting this Sunday.  I think you might recognize one of the guest bloggers....say on December 9th? Ahem.

-4-
Yesterday, I was in the kitchen and heard Hannah grunting in the living room. She ran into the kitchen and we had the following conversation:

H: Poopy.
Me: You're poopy?
H: Yeah, poopy.
Me: Ok-do we need to change your diaper little poopy girl?
H: No!

She then proceeds to try to run away on her tip-toes, legs spread like a cowboy whose been in the saddle for a month straight. Sorry, little poopy girl, I don't believe you.

-5-
Today Hannah felt the baby kick for the first time! If she sees me touching my belly she always runs over to get a "kick" but she's too impatient so I just pop my belly out and tell her the baby kicked. But today-it happened just perfectly. She put her hand in just the right spot, sweet baby gave her a good jab, and she grinned from ear to ear. She felt a second one but then the baby got quiet. After waiting a few seconds she leaned into my belly and said "baby up!" I just about died of happiness.

-6-
Does anyone know how I can score some Advent music for free??? I really want this beautiful collection, but it's not in the cards right now. I'm dying to play some beautiful music while we decorate our tree this weekend. Anyone? Anyone? Am I going to be forced to play Pandora's Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanual station for hours on end?

-7-
Our weekend plans: Hang out with blogger and fam tomorrow morning. Go to the Jingle Bell Bash tomorrow evening (sans Ted-he has to work a bass tournament. boo.) Mass Sunday morning. Decorating the house and hanging outdoor lights all afternoon. Ted has it in his head that he's going to work on the truck and change the oil in both vehicles......but I just don't see how that can factor into this equation of fun.

Happy Friday! Join Jen for more Quick Takes!



6 comments:

  1. I really want that album, too! it's absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, don't you have Spotify? You can listen to just about anything for free. There's ads but not between every song. Spotify!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet about Hannah feeling the new baby!

    Can't wait for pics of your blogger get togethers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee! Just got notified that you joined spotify...and now I see why :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How am I just finding your blog? Hugs from your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!