Friday, January 11, 2013

Quick Takes


-1-
Quick-someone tell me how to stop this terrible and sudden shooting pain in the ligaments that attach my legs to my pelvis.I got this with Hannah, but only the night before I went into labor. I have six-ish weeks left people! It seriously feels like my legs are being pulled off of my body. I told Ted that I think I now know what it would feel like to be quartered. I'm scaring Hannah with all my sudden screaming. And I'm afraid I might drop her if it happens while holding her. Any tips? Dr. Google only tells me how to stop round ligament pain-which this is not.

-2-
I managed to do almost everything on my to-do lists this week. Including watching Downton Abbey. Wasn't it wonderful? My favorite parts were the cute little comments about what was to come "after the wedding....". They were so sweet and innocent. Just the way it should be.

-3-
Hannah hit a big growth spurt this week. Her fat thighs have made a comeback and her chipmunk cheeks have returned. After being the same weight for over six months, she gained two pounds! (after my monthly prenatal appointments are over, I'll never know how much she weighs again.) To celebrate, we turned her carseat forward facing. (What?? She's not two yet you say? We're three weeks away people-I'm going with it.) The results-a MUCH happier girl in the car who talks even more, sings even more, and stays awake! I think it's as much fun for me as it is for her. Today I watched as she took off her socks and shoes and proceeded to count her toes. Her precious fat toes.

-4-
We got a Costco membership for Christmas! I'm going for the first time this weekend. Anything I should keep my eyes out for? Any great deals you love and buy on a regular basis?

-5-
I have so many posts in the works but am just too tired to finish them. When nap time rolls around I can hardly make it to the bedroom before collapsing and praying that she sleeps for two hours. I'm even sleeping in later than ever thanks to Hannah still being on Central time. I slept until 8:00 today! And got a two hour nap. And it's not even 8:00 pm and I'm already fighting to keep my eyes open. How do you know when you're just regular pregnant-with-a-toddler tired and when it's something more?

-6-
The reality of this baby coming is starting to set in. I'm much more anxious than I was with Hannah-which is weird because it's not like I haven't done all this before. I think it's because we're so much farther from family this time around and none of them will be here when the big day comes. If baby numero dos comes around the due date, the first family member won't even arrive until almost two weeks later. And there's that sweet little almost-two-year-old I have to take care of this time around. Couple that with the fact that I haven't had the energy or motivation to pack, wash baby clothes, make freezer meals, etc etc etc.....well I'm starting to get a bit stressed. It's going to come together. Right? Right??

-7-
Today is January 10th.....and I had the windows open at 11:00 am.....because it was warmer outside than inside. Quite a change from the 10 inches of snow we had in Missouri last week. I, for one, am hoping that it cools back down and we can have a few more weeks of fake winter here in sunny Florida before the nine months of summer hits.

-Bonus-
We're taking down the Christmas decorations tonight and realized we never took a family picture in front of our tree! This last minute photo shoot will have to suffice. Hannah obviously didn't get the goofy face memo.


Happy Weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I am expecting #5 and I have hip pain like you would not believe! I've found that getting on my hands and knees and moving my hips in a circle helps with things, maybe that could help you?

    We don't have a costco near us, but I've heard it is a good place to buy coconut oil :)

    We are in South Georgia, and transplants from the North. I am not happy with the 80 degree weather! :) I want to go back to the 50s we had last week, just for a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah looks absolutely perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No advice on anything else, but as for #4--pumpkin seed chips! So good! Hope you can figure out the ligament pain, that does not sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the family photo, I'm sure Hannah will get the funny faces memo next year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Costco: their whole wheat tortillas, organic evoo, nuts of every kind, huuuuge tubs of greens, and almond + natural peanut butter usually make their way into my cart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaitlin, I had "scaitica nerve pain" with 2 pregnancies. It really hurts. I ignored it for a long time and I had to go to physical therapy. Check it out sooner than later with your OB.

    I think it's normal to be more afraid with baby number two. Last time you didn't really know what was going to happen with a newborn--now you do--AND you have a high energy toddler to care for. There will be things that will be harder with two young kids, but there will be many things that are easier. Try your best to just stay in the moment rather than live in the future.

    Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. K - I am right there with you on the pain and the fear. Geez, two words that should NOT be in our vocabulary right now. :) Suggestions for minimizing the pain (I haven't figured out how to make it stop, just to minimize it so my face isn't contorted in agony and scaring Addie): have T rebozo you (see it on spinning babies); get down on all fours and bring forward the knee of the side that hurts the most; alternate heat & cool on it (which assumes that you can even be mobile enough to get something warm and cold... which is unlikely); go to the chiropractor!; and get a prenatal massage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be happy to drive up and help in any way I can when baby #2 comes! Just say the word and I'm there. I have 2 little girlies that I'm sure can help entertain your little girl. ;)

    Rebozo helped me a lot with hip pain!

    I've lived here my whole life and the past two year have been the hottest I can remember. I hate it!

    That picture is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, if the pain is on the inside of your legs like by your groin I know exactly what you mean. It's incredibly painful. I had it constantly when I was pregnant with Joey. I could seriously hardly walk and I actually am scared to get pregnant because of it! It was that bad. I have no advice because my docs all looked at me like I had four heads when I told them about it. I just thought I was a freak but now if go have it too I know I'm not! This is oddly comforting to me...sorry! Anyway, the only time mine went away was when I went on prednisone for my low platelets. So it's definitely inflammation. Anything natural you can take?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had scaitica nerve pain and would stand with my back and legs against a wall and then rotate my hips while keeping my legs planted. Oddly it changed everything. I went from not being able to get out of bed to functioning.

    Also- I was super stressed about my lack of preparation for baby number two, however, once she came I realized I was much calmer. I knew what to expect and didn't get so worked up over everything.

    As always, God will give you grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ligament pain may be related to the relaxation of the fused joint on the front of your pelvis. It is not supposed to separate, but sometimes it stretches and it is super painful. It started happening to me during my second pregnancy. I'm now pregnant with my fourth and starting to get the old pain again.

    I have never had a doctor acknowledge it. They all look at me like they have never heard of such a pain and have no idea what would cause it. I have done quite a bit of internet digging to put a name on the pain.

    A belly band helps a bit. I need to dig mine out again. Sitting on an exercise ball instead of a chair. Chiro might help, but I've never used it before. I'm thinking hard about going to a chiro this time around. Do not separate your legs to the point of pain, even at the doctor's office. Finding another way is why they get paid the big bucks! :)

    The most important thing is to not deliver on your back with your legs being held apart. You can really aggravate the condition in that position and it will make future pregnancies extra uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!