Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Best

Happy Easter! What a great day. We made it to Mass in time to get a seat-our usual seat in the second row actually. Both kids made it through Mass without us having to fight the standing crowd to take them to the back. Alleluia!

Because we're crazy, we decided to go out for brunch after Mass. Since we were on borrowed time from Hannah's nap and Paul's need for nourishment, we ended up at Steak and Shake. But only after their breakfast menu was over. So we had steakburgers for brunch in our Sunday best. It wasn't until we left that we remembered that we were grilling burgers for Easter dinner with friends as well. We can't get away from Easter cow, no matter how hard we try I guess.

When we got back from Mass the kids' (so weird to type a plural....) Easter basket were waiting for them. Hannah was so excited to see the "edds" in her basket that getting her down for a nap without hysterics was impossible. She consoled herself by taking two eggs to bed with her and reassuring herself from her crib that she would get to go egg hunting when she woke up. "Wake up, more edds."

And because, second to Jesus rising from the dead of course, the best part about Easter is what you wore-I'm joining in three link-ups to show off our Sunday best.

The fam-can't believe there's four of us.


Nor can I believe that this was the first of only two self-timer pics.

The mama.


Dress-some boutique brand, from a thrift store. 4 bucks!
Sweater-freebie from a clothing exchange!
Tank top-Maurices, cut just below the boobs to make the outfit nursable
Shoes-some big shoe store, get used to seeing them
Pearls-cheapies, but I had to complete the 50s housewife look

The little man.


And the hunter.


Linking up with Grace, FLAP, and Practicing Catholic on this Easter evening. 

And praying that the joy of the Resurrection will permeate through me this week (my kids deserve it!). I am so abundantly blessed.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, joyful family! Motherhood suits you very well Kaitlin! Love the color-combo of the dress and sweater. And boy does Paul already know how to work a necktie or what?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful, and your family is so precious!

    $4 dress?? LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Looks like it was a blessed Easter as a family of four. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful family!!
    Your Easter eggs hunts will probably remain once sided for another year or 2! Bella got all (except one) of the eggs this year...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all look darling! I laughed at Steak & Shake... it was a tradition in college for everyone (like anywhere from 20-40 people!) to go to Steak & Shake after Easter Vigil. It was awesome. So no judgement here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. M'dear, it is positively criminal how fantastic you look at not even 4 weeks post-partum! No fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious pictures! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little lady looks so proud of her edds! I love her little cheeks. And your dress — what an amazing steal! That color combination is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Wake up, more edds" That is PRECIOUS. So, so cute.

    And I love your dress so much. How are you so skinny already????

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing!! Didn't you just have a baby?? Wow!! I love your dress. The pattern and color are just lovely. Happy, Happy Easter to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute dress! i think i need to go thrifting. the only thing i hate more than dressing up is paying an arm and a leg for a dress that doesn't fit me right! The million dollar question is...could you nurse in this one?! Becoming less of an issue for me these days, but I swear, its so hard to find cute dresses you can nurse in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. um, first of all, i love your dress. NICE thrift store score!!!

    second of all, i'm a lurker, de-lurking to say THANK YOU for writing about your transition to having two children. I have a toddler and a newborn right now and it feels impossible to parent them both simultaneously. It's nice to know I'm not alone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the outfit. The pattern if the dress is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing!! These are great family photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments!
Feel free to accompany them with prayers!