It was oh-so-very-very nice to not be pregnant at Mass this morning. I still had to pee before the Gospel and I could still barely squeeze out of the pew (because of the giant carseat rather than giant belly) but it was so wonderful having our baby boy at Mass with us. And Hannah only yelled, "Wake up, Paul!" once-so that's a success.
I think I could have found something more flattering for my postpartum body, but I opted to sleep instead of prepare last night. This morning was met with massive poops from both children simultaneously-but we still managed to get to Mass on time even with the time change forcing us to get ready an hour faster than usual. A twenty minute nursing session followed by more poop and-well I only had about six minutes to get myself ready.
The result:
Hannah:
Dress: Tommy Hilfiger-consignment
Baby: Target
Mommy:
Wrinkly Dress: JCrew-consigment. With the tags still on!
Sweater: Target
Tights: Walmart
Shoes: Consignment
Hair: Tightly pulled into a clip because it hasn't been washed since Thursday and oh boy am I starting to stink.
Baby: My awesome womb
Postpartum Body: courtesy of Spanx
I'm really not that vain, but I've read great things about some suck-it-in clothing for postpartum. I bought me an expensive pair from Kohls and actually love them. I figured I'd only wear them when needing to get dressed up, but they kind of hold it all in-if you know what I mean-and make me feel much nicer in my own flabby skin. I'm wearing them under my pj's right now!
Check out other outfits here! You might find cuter clothes, but you definitely won't find cuter babies.
All three of you are so cute! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You look amazing for having just had a baby! Love that your daughter is holding her baby, too :)
ReplyDeleteGoodness. That is the most adorable picture ever! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteLove Hannah's baby! Spanx are pretty amazing post-partum - I felt vain for a while too but then I realized that I was saving money because I could fit into my old clothes sooner, and I just felt more comfortable!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I love how you two pose together. It is just so cute. I remember my last Mass pregnant and the first one not-pregnant and man that not-pregnant one was SO good. Distractions and all.
ReplyDeleteThat last picture - love it! I'm super impressed you even made it to Mass. Way to go. I think all three of you just look stunning.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I love the last shot especially. We're expecting our second later this summer and I can totally see my two year old daughter and I duplicating this picture with the baby and a doll when the time comes!
ReplyDeleteThat 2nd photo of you and Hannah could win an award - *so* cute! Thanks for the tips about Spanx; I dread that postpartum deflated-balloon feeling.
ReplyDeleteDid you follow any special pregnancy diet? I just can't believe how amazing you look and how tiny you stayed while growing a healthy/big baby!
Way to go for getting to morning Mass on time! We looked at the date and said "evening Mass it is!"
CONGRATS! I'm impressed you made it to Mass nevermind all the poop episodes!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pretty plaid and pink!
ReplyDeleteFollowing birth, and even now, I like a little extra support in the tummy region. It just feels nice!
ReplyDeleteYou look FANTASTIC, and your daughter couldn't be more adorable as a little mommy. Stinkin' cute!
You look fabulous! How did Paul enjoy his first Mass?
ReplyDeleteI love Hannah mimicking you with her baby! It's so adorable!
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks for the spanx tip. I was think you looked amazingly good and was kinda jealous. :D I can imagine supporting the "belly flop" feels awesome too!
Sorry for the C after my name. My computer apparently still hasn't gotten with the program that I'm a Marchand now.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you did a post parting edition! Its hard to figure out what to wear during this time so I appreciate seeing what you come up with! And boy were you All baby!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!! Your son is such a handsome little guy! I love that last photo. Hannah is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI am still wearing Spanx and I am 20 YEARS postpartum! LOL! It does feel good to have all the giggly parts pulled in.
Such a wonderful post. You look beautiful!
I just love seeing this after all your pregnancy photos! You are all ADORABLE! :)
ReplyDeleteThis made me so happy and I LOVE the last photo!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You look amazing, and both Hannah and Paul look adorable.
ReplyDeleteYou look darling! I love the Mommy poses with Paul and Hannah poses with Baby Number One (or is it Baby Number two?)
ReplyDeletePlease, I want that birth story post!! ASAP!
Beautiful pics!! Isn't it such a joy to know that everyone is admiring the newborn baby, and not fussing over how we look?? You pulled together an adorable outfit and the best part is your smile - nothing is more beautiful than a happy mommy with her babies!!
ReplyDeleteI think the sucker-inner-stuff is actually good for recovery, too. Physically smashing those ab muscles together helps heal any diastasis recti or however you spell it. You're just doing what's healthy! The slimming effects are just a bonus ;)
ReplyDeleteLawdy, I am so happy you got to go to Mass your 1st weekend back. I had to miss 2 or 3 weeks of Mass this last time and it was the worst.
That second picture is A-dorable. Hannah's expression: priceless.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the Mommy/Paul & Hannah/baby photos! THE cutest!
ReplyDeleteI totally second The Wearing of Spanx All-the-Time. Most definitely makes me feel more together.
ReplyDeleteLove
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Kaitlyn! You look awesome! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYou *all* are adorable. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to read your birth story. At 38 weeks along, I'm mildly obsessed with them. ;)-
ReplyDelete